Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: General election.

Site Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by munich2012 View Post
    Might as well give Jezza a go with May constantly telling us how tough the Brexit negotiations are going to be.
    Pretty certain the Labour party will have the many and not the few as the ones to stand up for, and get the best deal for the hard working people of this country.
    What about the best deal for those people that work but are lazy *******s, such as myself?

Site Connoisseur

The lazy by definition CBA ,the working lazy usually look after themselves, you'll be fine Nelly.

Site Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post
    Your so right Mr T its really telling that Corbyn has felt the need to muzzle his girlfriend and shadow home secretary the day before a general election because she cant be trusted not to open her mouth, can she really be trusted to be the home secretary in charge of immigration and national security?

@munich2012 And as for getting "the best deal for the hard working people of this country" all labour are interested in is getting the best deal for the unions who put Corbyn in charge. So lets all hope and pray that they wont be singing the Red Flag come tomorrow.
    Who represent 6 million Brits, you'd rather a government that represents 120,000 Tory members. Odd but upto you.

Elite (Silver)

@munich2012 And as for getting "the best deal for the hard working people of this country" all labour are interested in is getting the best deal for the unions who put Corbyn in charge. So lets all hope and pray that they wont be singing the Red Flag come tomorrow.
    You do talk cobblers Windknot just like the Tories and the right wing press - the union block vote for electing Labour party leaders was abolished 25 years ago.
    Individual affiliated trade union members can vote but they make their own choice as to who they vote for in Labour Party leadership contests.

Labour leader candidates have to be nominated by at least 15% of the Parliamentary Labour Party, 35 MPs, at the last leadership vote.
    The vote is then held under the AV system and is overseen by the Electoral Reform Services.

Over half a million people were eligible to vote in last August's Labour leadership election, over 400,000 of those were not even affiliated trade union members.
    About 292,000 were full members, 112,000 were registered supporters and 148,000 were affiliated supporters.

Corbyn won by a landslide in the first round with over 60% of the vote.

That's in contrast to just 330 Tory MPs who were the only ones eligible to vote in last years Conservative Party leadership election.
    Conservative Party leadership candidates put themselves forward, after two rounds Theresa May was shooed-in as party leader without another vote after Andrea Leadsom dropped out of the leadership race.
    Very democratic I must say, even Tory party members don't get to vote for the leader of their own party.

And do you honestly think Tory MPs and Theresa May would be out to get the best deal for the hard working people of this country?
    You're living in La La land if you do.
    They couldn't give a flying fart for whats best for the majority of people this country, including you WindKnot, unless you're a millionaire that is, they're only interested in what's best for themselves and the few at the top.
    I came, I saw, I played conkers.

Site Connoisseur

Nice party political broadcast Lee – bit late with only half an hour before the polls shut though.

Corbyn was voted in by nobhead students, islamists, trade unionists, public sector workers, and benefit spongers.

And who would benefit from a Corbyn government???

Yep, you’ve guessed it – nobhead students, islamists, trade unionists, public sector workers, and benefit spongers!

And sod everyone else, who actually make a contribution financially to the country!

Shameful excuse for a political party.

No longer relevant, and most definitely no longer required.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Zing View Post
    Nice party political broadcast Lee – bit late with only half an hour before the polls shut though.

Corbyn was voted in by nobhead students, islamists, trade unionists, public sector workers, and benefit spongers.

Yep, you’ve guessed it – nobheab students, islamists, trade unionists, public sector workers, and benefit spongers!

And sod everyone else, who actually make a contribution financially to the country.

Spot on Zing,

Which one are you Lee?
    Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Edna Birch View Post
    Spot on Zing,

Which one are you Lee?
    S!!t funny
    Catching carp is easy,its the time in between thats the hard part

Site Connoisseur

Winston Churchill Maggie Thatcher Ted Heath Norman Tebbit Theresa May Boris Johnson your boys took one hell of a beating.
    Still the foxes will be pleased I suppose

Elite (Bronze)

Frack off, Tory twats!

Winston Churchill Maggie Thatcher Ted Heath Norman Tebbit Theresa May Boris Johnson your boys took one hell of a beating.
    Still the foxes will be pleased I suppose
    They still won more seats than Labour ;-) it will just mean another election in a year or something where all non Tories and everyone who was promised everything they ever wanted by Corbyn will vote tactically to get rid of the nasty Tories.

I actually would have preferred a Labour win, not because I think they would make a good job of it because they wouldnt but because I am disabled and an OAP and my wife works for the NHS so we would be better off under the terrorist loving idiot.

A hung parliament does nothing for anyone.

You have to wonder whether all the 18 to 25 year olds will bother to get out of bed to vote next time unless Corbyn offeres to legalise skunk or give them all new trainers ...
    playingforchange.com

Site Connoisseur

1973 Tory government calls a referendum to join the EU which we do. 1974 Tory government falls at GE.
    2016 Tory government calls a referendum to take us out of the EU which we do. 2017 Tory government falls at GE.
    Funny old world.

Site Connoisseur

It's all about Momentum Windknot, don't be so cynical about young people in this country ; )

Site Connoisseur

You have to wonder whether all the 18 to 25 year olds will bother to get out of bed to vote next time unless Corbyn offeres to legalise skunk or give them all new trainers ...
    As opposed to the ones who pay a fortune for higher education, work their socks off but may never own their own property and will probably retire into their 70's

Elite (Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Zing View Post

Yep, you’ve guessed it – nobhead students, islamists, trade unionists, public sector workers, and benefit spongers!

And sod everyone else, who actually make a contribution financially to the country!

Shame you didn't wait the extra half hour and see the exit poll at 10pm last night before you wrote that garbage Zingy.

So, students are nobheads are they? Why, is it because they are more intelligent than you and you feel inferior to them or simply because most of them would not agree with your rather far right views?
    Most students actually do part time work while they are at University and when they leave they go into full-time employment. Bloody disgusting, lock em up.

Islamists? From what I know about Islamists, their views are even more hard line and right wing than yours. They want to see the destruction of our way of life, so why would they vote at all let alone for Labour?

And why are you lumping in trade unionists and public sector workers with benefit scroungers?
    Trade unionists are in a union to protect their working conditions and pay which obviously means that they are working, thus they are paying tax and NI - i.e. Not sponging.

Public sector workers, oh yes, the police, teachers, nurses, HM forces personnel, social workers, paramedics, Fire and rescue service personnel, Government and local Authority workers, Health and Safety officers and workers, Environmental officers and workers and a hole host of other people who are paid from the public purse in order for us to live in a well run civilised society.
    Workers, many of which have seen their real income go down by 14% since 2010.

Bloody scroungers the lot of em eh Zingy? Never make any contribution to society let alone financially to this country, terrible that they should think of voting for a Government who might do something about their loss of pay.

You can be a real twonk sometimes Zing.

Site Connoisseur

2017 Tory government falls at GE.
    Funny old world.
    It certainly is munich.

Given that there seems to be some parallel universe where you, Lee and others live in which the Tories lost the election.

I didn't notice that.

When did it happen?

I'm abroad at the moment so the news is sketchy but they're saying out here that the Tories won.

Although i did hear Mr Corbyn this morning on the internet saying that actually Labour had won and he is "ready to serve".

Lol.

Definitely a "funny old world" you're right.

Elite (Silver)

The Tories might well be able to form a Government with help from the DUP but they fully expected to increase their majority by 50/100 seats, instead of that, they lost their majority.
    Mays plan backfired on her big time.

Site Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by fifi View Post
    It certainly is munich.

Given that there seems to be some parallel universe where you, Lee and others live in which the Tories lost the election.

I didn't notice that.

When did it happen?

I'm abroad at the moment so the news is sketchy but they're saying out here that the Tories won.

Although i did hear Mr Corbyn this morning on the internet saying that actually Labour had won and he is "ready to serve".

Lol.

Definitely a "funny old world" you're right.
    Probably sketchy through the tears Fifi, let me clear it up for you.
    June 7 Conservative majority government.
    June 9 Conservative's lose majority government.
    In reality the government falling.
    Perhaps they put a puppet PM in by rounding up some Irish pikeys and Scottish Tories, power without control is an anathema to English Tories you know that.
    Don't kick any kids in the pool when this sinks in.

Site Connoisseur Tackletart, The Original's Avatar

[email protected] munich and Lee.

Yes, your man cut the majority and has made it tough........fought a good fight.

That said, I think we've just found out who gave Diane Abbot maths lessons......must have been Jezza because even basic arithmetic does not support a Labour Win........even if the formed a coalition with Jimmy Krankie and the SNP, they're still well short.

Enjoy revelling in coming second though........I'm getting used to doing that as a Spurs fan...and our lot celebrate in a similar fashion.
    If it flies, floats or F***s, its cheaper to rent than buy

Elite (Silver)

Tories and the DUP

“We said there would be a coalition of chaos if we didn’t win a majority, and that’s exactly what you’ve got.”
    http://newsthump.com/2017/06/09/in-t...hange-deniers/

THE Conservative Party has reassured Britain that the government being propped up by swivel-eyed, religious lunatics will be ‘totally fine’.
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20170609129202

Site Connoisseur

Oh there's many forms winning in real life that don't involve you coming out on top TT.
    Smashing UKIP into oblivion is a win, smashing the SNP back into their box is a win, reigning in and stopping the swivel eyed loons within the Tory party is a win, derailing the Tories austerity program is a win, stopping a hard Tory Brexit is a win, increasing the number of Labour Mps was the aim and is a win.
    As a Sours fan you'll be used to calling going backwards like the Tories a win so no surprise there.