Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nash bait

Quote Originally Posted by redimp View Post
    Well said. Exactly what I was thinking
    I see what you guys are saying but just because someone isn't getting their bait for 3 a kilo doesn't make them gullible. It's just a confidence thing. Essentially all they are doing is buying bait that they catch with.

It's funny how if people have cheap tackle then they are presumed to be a nod. But if you have cheap bait then that is 'carpy'.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

The 2001 ruling is clearly aimed at the use of live Crayfish, to help prevent the spread of signal Crayfish.

Nash agreed a license with the Crayfish meal supplier, to prevent any other bait companies from being to buy the meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    I see what you guys are saying but just because someone isn't getting their bait for 3 a kilo doesn't make them gullible. It's just a confidence thing. Essentially all they are doing is buying bait that they catch with.

It's funny how if people have cheap tackle then they are presumed to be a nod. But if you have cheap bait then that is 'carpy'.
    First off it depends on what you call cheap. A large independent bait roller once told me you can make a very good bait for 3 a kilo but this would only be at volumes that the average angler couldn't cope with (goes to show some mark up's), that said if you rolled your own i dont doubt that you could make a good bait for around that price in smaller quantities and have the edge that you could continually tweek it.

You can buy Essential B5 for 5.95 KG, probably one of the best baits out there, if someone asked how much your bait was a KG and you said under 6 (but didn't mention what it was) would they automatically think it was a crap bait?

I think gullibility kicks in at a particular price point versus volume, pop ups are a massive money spinner when you look at what you get for your pound as are these Nash hook baits, that pot will cost less than a (excluding the pot) based on the above.
    The crux of the matter is will they catch you more fish? This i doubt as there is no wonder bait, it all comes down to good angling.

I think the phrase is reassuringly expensive.

Earlier in the thread someone said about it hurting to pay so much for hookbaits but he did because they were catching well. I read that and thought I'd happily pay more for my bait if I had that kind of confidence in it.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Bottom line for me is its a free country and people pay what they want and make their own choices. You can't buy confidence, but if you are confident in your bait, rigs and tactics then it comes close. Live and let live I say.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Site Regular

Each to their own etc and I don't see the problem in paying big prices for good products or things that work for you.

This is a couple of lines from the Nash website:

"Because of the high nutritional value and super rich nature of The Key, feed at a maximum of 50% of the quantity that you would with a standard boilie, topping up sparingly after each take. Available in 10 x 15mm, 15 and 20mm in 1kg and bulk bags."

Now first off I'm no bait or science expert and maybe I've mis read or misunderstood a few things....
    The above suggests to me that it is so high in protein you should only use half of what you normally do so you don't fill them up. (Conveniently handy when you consider the price).
    I've read that carp struggle to digest anything above about 38% protein so you could argue 38% is optimum.
    I also know that LT94 is about 70-75% protein and Soya Flour is about 40%, neither of which are massively expensive.
    I'm pretty sure when I picked up a pack of Key and looked at the back it said 32% protein.

Now maybe I'm wrong, who knows?!
    But it sounds like a load of marketing crap to price a cheap bait at a high rate and there isn't anything that special or expensive about it!
    Oh Kathy Martin....