Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nash bait

Default Nash bait

Out of interest, after reading all the hype about Nash Key I was wondering if anyone has used the cultured baits and if so how did you get on with it ?
    I understand there is a new version of the Key due out in May called Kray but if the original Key was supposed to be the ultimate bait why do we need a new version?

Frequent User

I've tried the cultured baits. It was like casting out a cricket ball. Went back to the 20mm boilies. I've done well on the key in the last 8 months since switching from ccmoore Pacific tuna.

Cheers, dont they do 15mm cultured baits ? Teekay

Been using the cultured citrus gotta say had some good catches in colder months but breaks my heart paying a tenner for 20 hook baits
    Not in the wider interest of football FAFU

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by teekay View Post
    Cheers, dont they do 15mm cultured baits ? Teekay
    Quite possibly but I haven't seen any. And the price did make me tremble at the till! Cracking boilie tho.

They do 15mm cultured hookbaits which start off 18mm and leave a 15mm wafter type bait after dissolving.The Key Cray is made from large percentage of Crayfish Meal, it is not a different version of the Key but a different type of bait.

Out of interest, after reading all the hype about Nash Key I was wondering if anyone has used the cultured baits and if so how did you get on with it ?
    I understand there is a new version of the Key due out in May called Kray but if the original Key was supposed to be the ultimate bait why do we need a new version?
    Because most bait companies are full of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Edna Birch View Post
    Because most bait companies are full of ****.
    Very constructive, thanks !

Very constructive, thanks !
    Nash bait these days reminds me of those blokes you see on those old cowboy films selling jollop that you can drink and cure all and you can also run your car on it, i think it used to be called snake oil.

Snake Oil ? Now you are talking ! Teekay

Out of interest, after reading all the hype about Nash Key I was wondering if anyone has used the cultured baits and if so how did you get on with it ? I understand there is a new version of the Key due out in May called Kray but if the original Key was supposed to be the ultimate bait why do we need a new version?
    According to Nash the Key Cray is made using a bigger percentage of crayfish meal to make them more affordable compared the normal Cray. I think the Key Cray looks an interesting bait but still more than I would pay for it.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Site Connoisseur

Put any decent bait in the right place and you'll catch. If I paid for £10 for a small pot of hookbaits I would t want to waste them on the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrosty View Post
    Put any decent bait in the right place and you'll catch. If I paid for £10 for a small pot of hookbaits I would t want to waste them on the fish.
    My point exactly, these bait companies must **** themselves in their Monday morning management meetings. TBH i'd of dished up a little more bull**** and made them £15 a pot, what really amazes me though is there are time served carpers buying this stuff not just the ultra gullible latest generation.

I cant see why if someone sees an item of tackle or a new bait that just might make a difference to their catch rate,that they shouldnt at least explore whether it might potentially be of benefit to them. Yes I understand that a lot of the hype that bait and tackle manfucturers come out with is designed to catch the angler more so than the fish but if we didnt explore new methods, tackle and bait we would still be fishing with hooks buried in par boiled potatoes and striking at twitches.
    Ive Carp fished since 1970 aged 13 and served my apprenticeship long before that fishing with my dad aged 5 years and could be described as time served but Im not averse to trying new products and baits some of which are very quickly discarded as not suitable to my needs but Im not so blinkered to think everything advertised is c**p until Ive tried it myself or at least done some thorough research on whatever it may be,Ive not really used Nash bait since The F1 came out but will be trying the cultured baits just to see how I get on with them, if they dont produce Ive lost a tenner if they do then it was worth the risk ! Teekay

Site Regular

I cant see why if someone sees an item of tackle or a new bait that just might make a difference to their catch rate,that they shouldnt at least explore whether it might potentially be of benefit to them. Yes I understand that a lot of the hype that bait and tackle manfucturers come out with is designed to catch the angler more so than the fish but if we didnt explore new methods, tackle and bait we would still be fishing with hooks buried in par boiled potatoes and striking at twitches.
    Ive Carp fished since 1970 aged 13 and served my apprenticeship long before that fishing with my dad aged 5 years and could be described as time served but Im not averse to trying new products and baits some of which are very quickly discarded as not suitable to my needs but Im not so blinkered to think everything advertised is c**p until Ive tried it myself or at least done some thorough research on whatever it may be,Ive not really used Nash bait since The F1 came out but will be trying the cultured baits just to see how I get on with them, if they dont produce Ive lost tenner if they do then it was worth the risk ! Teekay
    Well said.

I've been carping since the mid 70's myself, and have seen a few things come and go too, and the first time I tried Nash bait was about 3 years ago, (when I succumbed to the hype)! Unsurprisingly, it was The Key. I didn't like it, way too soft, and had little success. However, I did try another Nash bait, Scopex 4G Squid and to be fair, it's done me proud ever since at home and abroad. Not the cheapest bait I've used, but certainly the best and that's good enough for me.

Kevin Nash's sales and marketing may well be over the top in some cases but on the whole, his tackle range is now at a very good standard. Not all of it, but generalising over a range of products is a bit short sighted, dig deep and uncover a gem or two!

oops

National Byelaw 3. Use of Crayfish as Bait (confirmed 26 April 2001)
    “Any person who in fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels, uses as bait crayfish of any species whether alive or dead, or parts thereof, shall be guilty of an offence.”

So, an angler using any bait that contains crayfish in England would be committing an offence.
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

so....theres either NO crayfish in the bait and its just flavouring and muscle shell or something to make it look like crayfish.

or that's a blatant rule breaker,to which no-ones picked up on...and that,i would find hard to believe as im sure theres a lot of nash "haters" out there.
    someones pulling the wool over someones eyes whatever...
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

This is discussed on the carp cast when Kevin is talking about the key cray.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Quote Originally Posted by tenchtamer View Post
    oops

National Byelaw 3. Use of Crayfish as Bait (confirmed 26 April 2001)
    “Any person who in fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels, uses as bait crayfish of any species whether alive or dead, or parts thereof, shall be guilty of an offence.”

So, an angler using any bait that contains crayfish in England would be committing an offence.
    Wasn't there a big thing about Nash having to gain the proper licensing to legally use crayfish meal in their baits? From what was said it was a lengthy and costly process but all went through in the end. I don't know if that vetoes this byelaw regarding the use of it or not though.

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Edna Birch View Post
    My point exactly, these bait companies must **** themselves in their Monday morning management meetings. TBH i'd of dished up a little more bull**** and made them £15 a pot, what really amazes me though is there are time served carpers buying this stuff not just the ultra gullible latest generation.
    Well said. Exactly what I was thinking
    Catching carp is easy,its the time in between thats the hard part