Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fishspy

But surely with what you're saying it'd not be a credible capture regardless of whether they're close mates or not?

What I get from your post is that you should do everything yourself, which given the limited time available to most anglers is biting off your nose to spite your face.......the best anglers out there will take information from people who regularly fish a water and cherry pick the bits they find useful.

Both of my biggest fish this season were caught after hippy told me what they'd been doing, this doesn't take anything away from what I did to catch them.

I'll also fish for particular fish in areas that they're known to frequent from previous captures and info......it increases my chances, because that's what I'm out there to do.

I actually agree that technology has gone ott, I wouldn't call it cheating as if it's allowed then it really can't be, but yes it takes away the romantic side if you like.

But where do we stop? Walker caught on split cane, Hearn used carbon, who's the better angler? Very difficult to say.
    Up the saints, lol

Elite (Gold)

Mr P I'm not saying that anglers should not discuss vital information like location ect but I draw the line at other anglers especially strangers proceding to walk into my swim and giving you the full low down on specifics such as bait spots rigs ect . It takes away a huge part of what makes fishing magical ( the mystery the not knowing )

It's almost human nature for anglers to discuss location and the stock but I will never tell another angler how and where to fish that's his business. Of course if I'm asked my opinion then I'll give it
    offtheboatyard

I guess different people break the ice in different ways.

I'd turn my back on any Billy big boots that strolled in to my swim........as I always have, but if it was somebody I'd never met that sat down and told me things over a brew and I trusted his word, I'd certainly look at it.

What impresses me more is that we're having a conversation.
    Up the saints, lol

Elite (Gold)

Agreed
    offtheboatyard

I like these:

http://store.openrov.com/

**sam**

Now that'd be interesting.......and you could disguise it as a bait boat to wind everyone up even more
    Up the saints, lol