Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishspy

Default Fishspy

Yes or no?
    Up the saints, lol

Very, very interesting to use. You'd never have to guess what you're fishing over again.
    Halcyon Pool Boreham Essex

Frequent User

Worse than a baitboat.....

Cheers Andy, it'd be interesting I'm sure......our lake is normally clear and I'd be looking at saving some video footage, are they clear?

Mike, yeah obviously.......plank
    Up the saints, lol

Would love to drag one through my swim after I had just finished a session. See how wrong I had got things.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

See how much baits left
    Up the saints, lol

Another nail in the coffin HH.....wheres the romance of not knowing if your baits rotting on the lake bed lol or feeling the lead down and thinking oh yes!

Don't you start 😂

Five fish last year........I need something to help alleviate the boredom.
    Up the saints, lol

Big fat, NO.
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner ©

Site Regular

The fact that water is a partial barrier to vision and requires us to use other means of interpreting whatís going on down there Ė Isnít that a big part of what fishing is about? Isnít part of the satisfaction of catching realising that our interpretations have been correct? Or when we donít catch, recognising we got it wrong and need to try something else? Doesnít using an underwater camera, by eliminating much of the uncertainty, take away a lot of the point of going fishing? Or is that just an old-fashioned view and no longer relevant?

Genuine questions. I can understand the temptation, especially on a difficult water, but I also think that something important, even fundamental might be lost by using one. With much consideration, itís a no from me.

Site Regular

I've seen one in use and was less than impressed with the output.

That is ignoring the moral/ethic issues of whether they are a 'good' idea or not......

Not for me , although really there is little differnce to drifting over a spot in a boat , and that isn't frowned upon .......

Frequent User

learn to scuba dive,Massive eye opener

Watched some footage from a fishspy, of the bottom of the syndicate lake I'm on. The water is really clear, so the footage was really good, could even see the Swan poo.

Cant see the issue with them, just a marker with a camera
    Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away

HW100T .177 Hawke Airmax 8-32X50

Spot on greg.
    As far as drifting over in a boat at least that takes effort and you are still looking into the water...its the lets make it so easy that no watercraft is needed items that concern me.There is a balance but for me filming underwater to get tha answers just makes it easier for the angler....too easy. Surely the satisfaction of what we do is taken away by making it too easy? Oh well i will just continue destroying any drones...baitboats or fish spy floats i see on the bank.lol

Quote Originally Posted by happyhammer View Post
    Don't you start 😂

Five fish last year........I need something to help alleviate the boredom.
    Lol my last carp was january 6th....last year!!!! Maybe i should stop being such a dinasour HH lol

Platinum

So you are all set up nice and quiet. Matey with his fish spy turns up, hammers the **** out of every swim with it putting the fish right on edge, then ****s off somewhere else because he can't see a load of them feeding like the advert says he will. You blank.

Quote Originally Posted by carphooker View Post
    Not for me , although really there is little differnce to drifting over a spot in a boat , and that isn't frowned upon .......
    Exactly! That's what a lot of the members do on the water Cyprymike fishes and, although it's against the rules, some will even place their rigs from the boats, just as people have done on many waters, including the likes of Wraysbury, over the years.
    Their use near other anglers is no different to any other fishing etiquette in my mind.
    In answer to HH I think the water would need to be uber clear to see the bottom any anything over four feet deep but you can turn them on to record and just draw them lower to the lake bed for a clearer view.
    Great for checking baited/feed spots to see if it's worth putting more feed in or whether the last lot is still laying there.
    Halcyon Pool Boreham Essex

These cameras/sonar are ok if your dropping on to a lake for a season or don't have much time on your hands to get a good overview of a lake. However I've enjoyed my many years as a kid fishing the Hollows, Roding Valley, Perch Pond, Turnford and quite a few other waters including Farlows for it to come into its own equally the last 5 years spent on a Shropshire syndicate waters and this has lead to my now being able to turn up late at night and catch fish because I have gone through the pain staking effort and spending 150 days/nights getting to know the two waters. I haven't actually blanked during the last 6 sessions and I'm being called alsorts and rig checks are now common regardless of me telling them what I'm doing where I'm casting too.

I've not needed these things before and quite frankly if I can out fish someone that uses one then all the better

I prefer to be in tune with the water you know when you just know and feel it's going to produce, I don't clip up often preferring to feel the cast and count it out, slow it down and drop it into the area. Obviously it's different when casting to islands / fair margins but even then I love it when I'm getting it right, hitting the area feeding working it and catching.

Quote Originally Posted by thicky View Post
    Lol my last carp was january 6th....last year!!!! Maybe i should stop being such a dinasour HH lol
    We'll go halves 😂
    Up the saints, lol