Thread: Barbel help!!

Site Connoisseur

Default Barbel help!!

Hi Guys, fancy tempting my arm at a bit of barbel fishing. So can anyone recommend somewhere that's easy for a bend in the rod around the m25.

Site Regular

Try asking on Barbel Fishing World forum, you'll probably get a better response on there. Personally can't think of any easy stretches in close proximity of m25.

you could join Veralum AC .several stretches of the lea with plenty barbel plus the bonus of lots of other good waters .
    currently doing a half price winter ticket .
    there are also some free stretches of the lea where Barbel can be caught ( if you know where to look ); ;;;

Any club with a stretch of the Colne, good little river with some lovely barbs
    It aint the size of your rod, its how you dangle it in the water !

Site Connoisseur

Cheers boys, was thinking of the colne. Can anyone recommend which part of the lea

Elite (Silver)

As wherearethey said, a Verulam ticket would allow you to fish a couple of stretches of the Upper Lea around Wheathamstead where you can nearly always catch barbel.
    Wheathamstead is approx !5 minutes, depending on traffic, from M25/A1M Junction. Approx 25 minutes, depending on traffic, from Junction 21A M25.

A Verulam ticket would also allow you fish Fishers Green, best known for it's large chub, is a hard stretch of the Lea, but the barbel are reaching high doubles now.
    FG is approx 10 minutes from Waltham Abbey Junction 26 M25.
    I came, I saw, I played conkers.

Beginner Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mick05 View Post
    Hi Guys, fancy tempting my arm at a bit of barbel fishing. So can anyone recommend somewhere that's easy for a bend in the rod around the m25.
    Thames is a great river for barbel but you really want to night fish it. Used to catch plenty near Staines bridge. Waste of time during daylight. Keep your hand close to yer rod they don't give any warning, many times just saved a rod from going in.