Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpy weather inbound!

Default Carpy weather inbound!

Anyone planning on getting out in the next few days ? looking prime ......

You say it looks prime...

But its not is it.how many lakes rojnd the cojntry are fishing well....not many-hardly any.

Places fish better this time of year when its a constant temperature..instead of cold...warm....freezing....cold......warm.....also with rain to which doesnt help one bit this time of year.
    Give me a couple of weeks or so of cold.clear nights and days with a frost or 2.....then they might settle
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Elite (Bronze)

Everyone I speak to has said how poor places have fished this Autumn, numerous waters not doing a bite for weeks on end...

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    You say it looks prime...

But its not is it.how many lakes rojnd the cojntry are fishing well....not many-hardly any.

Places fish better this time of year when its a constant temperature..instead of cold...warm....freezing....cold......warm.....also with rain to which doesnt help one bit this time of year.
    Give me a couple of weeks or so of cold.clear nights and days with a frost or 2.....then they might settle
    Well the lake i fish always responds to a new southerly wind , so I'm gonna get out and give it a go .......

go for it mate,let us know how you get on.

sooner or later the lakes are going to have a good spell,just gotta be there when it happens !

rex hunt

Relatively high pressure still too..
    The wonder of the world,*
    the beauty and the power,*
    the shape of things,*
    their colours,*lights and shades;*
    these I saw.*
    Look ye also while life lasts".

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Mullet View Post
    Everyone I speak to has said how poor places have fished this Autumn, numerous waters not doing a bite for weeks on end...
    Since the doing away with the close season, lakes that used to be good autumn waters are now not producing as they used to IMO, fish getting hammered during the spring by the fair weather anglers hasn't help either.

Seems more and more lakes around the country are suffering from "poor autumn form" and I suspect that its for the above reason.

Be nice if clubs used a bit of sense and actually closed down for a few months to give the fish a break, thus ensuring an "autumn feed up" having not been hammered all year.

I'm out Friday for 48hrs so fingers crossed but im not holding my breath, nowhere seems to have done much here recently.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

all waters fishing absolute dog.... at mo mate.
    even places like farlows aint doing jack and theres herds of em in there !

baity.....do your lakes still close for xmas ,or some of them anyway ? if they do, what do they fish like when they are opened again, any difference ??

rex hunt

Quote Originally Posted by BAITY View Post
    Since the doing away with the close season, lakes that used to be good autumn waters are now not producing as they used to IMO, fish getting hammered during the spring by the fair weather anglers hasn't help either.

Seems more and more lakes around the country are suffering from "poor autumn form" and I suspect that its for the above reason.

Be nice if clubs used a bit of sense and actually closed down for a few months to give the fish a break, thus ensuring an "autumn feed up" having not been hammered all year.

This is true for the most part I think.. but this year has been exceptionally bad..
    The wonder of the world,*
    the beauty and the power,*
    the shape of things,*
    their colours,*lights and shades;*
    these I saw.*
    Look ye also while life lasts".

Beginner Member

Excellent conditions for a Barbel or 2 as long as not too much road salt gets in the rivers but agree with the comments about settled temps & conditions being more favourable for carp in the winter than sudden temperature rises.

My Barbel rods will now get an airing.

Definitely a window of opportunity on most lakes, most certainly on the rivers, especially if you have a barbel in mind ! Bloody nuisance I'm having a load of work done at home.....no chance of getting out ☹️

the thames has been calling......haven't been out for few weeks at all,but with the outlook,i will probably go thames barbelling rather than going through the motions carping...

all been there aint we..."looks bang on for it,gonna feed this week"...only to come home without a bleep.
    been there,done that for years,bit wiser to it now.

settled, cooler,clear nights will see me carping again,but not sure if its going to be this year now.

rex hunt

Site Regular

So much doom & gloom, they are fish that need to and will feed, location and bait being used is the biggest set backs at this time of year, for so long now I keep hearing that such and such lake has shut up shop and does so every year around this time....rubbish which I've proved to myself but one of the best blanking excuses which has almost become folklore !

depends where you fish mate !!

lakes I fish do chuck up the odd one..sometimes the larger ones too. it only takes one bite from a biggy on my club lake to make my season, and I don't give up at all,winter times my best time for carping through to end feb...can be quiet on fish....but more perfect is the amount of anglers NOT present.

rex hunt

Site Regular

Evidently it doesn't depend where you fish, you posted today that all waters are fishing dog ?! Even Farlows that has herds of them...

The above would in some way suggest that we are indeed getting it wrong around this time of year, maybe instead of looking for excuses we should look for solutions....but it's much easier to find excuses...

Elite (Bronze)

in all fairness, I know a small shallow farm pond that will fish well in any weather, I just cant be bothered to lug all my carp gear there for a night. It's much easier to get the lure rod out and do a few laps then back home to spend time with the family in a nice warm house, feet up watching brain dead tele after a few stripeys and jacks have put a bend in the rod.

Elite (Bronze)

I'd be more than happy to be shown how it's done, sure my mates would too... Fact of the matter is, a variety of waters have fished poorly this Autumn... I'm talking anything from four acre lakes with 60 odd catchable stockies, right through to big lower stock pits, and everything inbetween... And this is north and south, as I have good mates in both regions... I think Baity has one part of it right, but I'd be interested to hear other views..?

Elite (Bronze)

Sunday for me
    Welsh and Proud

Great thread. It's probably persuaded another 20% of anglers who'd likely to being going this time of year, to go .....

Agreed c0ck on
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner