Thread: A Fond Farewell

Default A Fond Farewell

This has been a tough year, a really tough year, for lots of people and I, for one, will not be sad to see the going of it. However, we still have an opportunity to add just a little sparkle to the memory of 2016. To that end, we have the Carp Society Show at Sandown at the end of November.
    The Carp Society have very kindly donated us a stand so, with minimum outlay for the weekend, all the money from every book we sell will go towards helping Ebonie and children in a similar position to her. The sad loss of Harry Haskell to leukaemia has just strengthened that line of thought, so we hope that people will help as much as they can.
    Apart from the ‘Angling Tales...’ book, which will still be priced at £15, all of our other books will be half price or less, and I’m sure there will be a few deals to be had on the day. We will also have a few leatherbounds and special editions which we’ll be selling at a greatly reduced price, so all in all you will have the chance to get some great books at excellent prices. Not only that, but you’ll also be contributing to a great cause just before Christmas.
    This year has certainly put a lot of things into perspective for Linda and I, and as much as we’ve loved producing some wonderful books, and dealing with some great authors, we realise now that our attention should be directed in just one direction and that is toward our family, young and old. I have loved being immersed in the beautiful English language on a daily basis, and will continue to pen my own little stories, but time moves on and so do we.
    So we’d like to thank every one of you for your kind support over the years. We’ve met some lovely people whilst being Freebird, some of whom have become very good friends, and, I hesitate to say, I think we’ve produced some pretty good books along the way as well. But this is the last chapter, although who’s to say there won’t be a sequel in a few years – never say never.
    We hope to see you at Sandown, but if you would like to see a list of the leathers and specials we’ll have for sale, please PM me.
    Jenks
    You run and you run to catch up with the sun......

Frequent User

Best wishes for the future, Jenks to you and all dear to you, especially Ebonie.
    Freebird will not be forgotten.

I can only echo what Tim has said.
    I really do wish you all the very best going forward.
    I'll be buying a few books at the show for sure.

My favourite book publisher by far.

Come back soon freebird.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

All the best keith.

Site Regular

All the very best Keith, and many thanks for the many hours of great reading you've given me.

For anyone who hasn't read them, the Myth trilogy is superb and well recommended. A fourth would not go amiss........

Frequent User

I was really sorry to hear this.... Hold your head high Jinks! You leave behind a legacy of great books....

Frequent User

When I look at my bookcase the books by Freebird stand out above the rest, the quality and proper use of the Eng Lang was 2nd to none.
    I was hoping the Savay and Wraysbury books would become a series including other historic waters.
    All the very best for the future.

Cooky

Frequent User

I wish you and Linda well for the future. Take care. Mike

Sad to hear you're calling it a day, but totally understand why...and immeasurably proud to have been included in a couple of your books. I won't be at Sandown til Sunday - if there's a spare hardback copy of Wraysbury Chronicles, could you put it aside for me?

Site Regular

I can only echo the above comments. It’s a shame that you’ve decided to call it a day. There’s a few on the list I’m itching to read – in particular Reeling in the Years and The Messenger. Ongoing personal austerity measures have prevented such luxuries thus far but hopefully this Christmas Santa will deliver.
    All the best with your future endeavours and here’s hoping Freebird will fly again sometime.

Here's to wishing you the very best of luck in the future.
    "Aaaggghhhh he fell for the old phoney phone call gag"

Occasional User

Default Freebird books

Thanks for some great reading material and good luck in the future

Best Wishes
    FatboyslimSimonfayers