Thread: Essential oils in winter singles

Occasional User

Lightbulb Essential oils in winter singles

Hi folks,

I'm after abit of info regarding essential oils in singles. I add 3ml of Nutrabaits Jaffa oil to my tried and tested specials but I have never really experimented with others, mainly because these have always worked so well. After knocking up a fresh batch today it's given me the bug to try a few new things.

I have penned a couple of possible recipes/flavour combos and these include either/ or both Black Pepper oil and Bergamot oil.

I have a few questions regarding the above.

Firstly, does anybody have recommended inclusion rates for BPO and Bergamot Oil in a 1 egg mix if used seperately? Was thinking 4-6 drops BPO but unsure on the bergamot.

Secondly, can you blend them, and if so what kind of ratios should I be looking at? Does anybody have any experience of the two that I speak of?

Past experience and common sense tells me to stick to one EO and see how I go, but thought I would put it out on the forum first...

Site Regular

Julian Cundiff used 6 drops of Bergamot in a normal food bait, not sure how much you should/could raise that for singles x2 or x3?

Black pepper oils very potent. I'd start with just one drop in a single egg mix and go from there. If you go much more you'll just have a BP bait, which have never been particularly good as singles for me. Always found the essential oils work far better as an enhancer of other attracters rather than stand alone ones.

Occasional User

Thanks for that. I had a go at blending the BPO with the Bergamot tonight. The BPO was over powering. I will definitely heed your advice.

Site Regular

IMO go for the smelly oils, they seem to contain more VOC's.