Thread: winter at farlows.

Default winter at farlows.

Hello everyone after some advice about doing days only at farlows during the colder months. Missed out on a lot of the summer months due to work commitments.Any tips would be helpful if possible .Cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dickocharlie View Post
    Hello everyone after some advice about doing days only at farlows during the colder months. Missed out on a lot of the summer months due to work commitments.Any tips would be helpful if possible .Cheers guys.
    maggots on the smelly bank
    should have gone to specsavers!

Elite (Bronze)

The chippie in Iver high street now does kebabs and pizzas!

I'd hit that !!!!!!

I would go midweek if poss mate, but trouble is,its always on faceache and everyones saying nowt here,nowt there n all the rest of it,and people asking about how busy it is etc etc...then ends up being stitched.
    its always worth a go for the days only,probably have more takes during daylight than darkness in winter, as I have found over the years theres a certain time that they will feed,although darkness in winter you can get them, normally 11.30 12pm.
    other than that, 8 am has always been a good time,as well as 11-30 ish and 2-30-3pm.sometimes even having a double take.
    single pop-ups open water produce, areas are as said already. smelly bank,factory,scotts or off the front where the tackle shop is now.
    island swims do produce,but only in certain conditions and you have to be tight,swims like bodgit and leg it,and outside the tackleshop on the point to the islands there,also,the corner ( on the point) can be a superb swim in winter on its day.
    lots of fish in there now,really pretty ones too, haven't been down for time now but I doubt its changed much in all honesty as looking at the reports of fish from last year...same old areas mate,just got to get into those areas......that's the hardest part.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt