Thread: New rod

Default New rod

Looking to get a new rod as currently using carp rods but would like a proper pike rod, used for dead baits on rivers so can anyone advise me on some decent ones please. Usealy like cork handles lol what tc would you advise etc
    seriel blanker

last winter , i picked up 2 wychwood 10ft agitators for river pike fishing

previously on some overgrown stretches of the wye and mersey , i was finding 12 ft rods just too long , especially when moving pegs . they are also well suited to canal fishing

i think they are 2.75lb tc with a fast taper (tippy) but pretty sure there is a higher tc if you need . for the money im very happy with them (50ish) nice looking matt blank , cork handle etc and if they get damaged or broken its not really a big deal

i still have my 12ft drennan pike rods for the big chuck on a still water , but for a mobile approach i use the 10fts every time .

cant comment on the action as i havent had a fish on them yet !
    ''female barbel are easy to recognise by their nagging on the way to the net''

P1 or P5 from Dave Lumb,built how you wish.
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    P1 or P5 from Dave Lumb,built how you wish.
    would second that. I treated myself to a pair of P1s two years ago. I rarely cast to the horizon preferring to fish close to the bank. Fished river reservoir and lake and landed pike to mid doubles. They were a pleasure to use. Full cork handles as like them. Reasonably priced-check out the website. ended up having a pair of carp rods made as well [despite how it sounds, I am not flush with cash but decided it was time to have some rods that match after nearly 50 plus years]

Steve

I'll third the P1.

Mine are donkeys years old, the second set ever built after Daves own ones and I've still not seen a better pike blank.

My short review is still on his website ☺
    Up the saints, lol