Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New record

Quote Originally Posted by Medway View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a ticket if all the Avenue fish are as stunning as this ................ https://youtu.be/nwjUBe8eSUA
    That type of fish look Anemic to me.
    Lots of love

Rob x

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    That type of fish look Anemic to me.
    Oh God! "Grown on and stocked" and it's first ever first capture is at 50lb plus....? I know I'm an old fashioned git but what happened to fishing waters where the carp reflect the nature of their environment and are an intrinsic part of a wider ecology? This form of management is as meaningful as sticking a step ladder on top of Everest and claiming a record for climbing a new highest mountain.... It has nothing to do with the carp fishing i know and love. I'll get me coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeff View Post
    Oh God! "Grown on and stocked" and it's first ever first capture is at 50lb plus....? I know I'm an old fashioned git but what happened to fishing waters where the carp reflect the nature of their environment and are an intrinsic part of a wider ecology? This form of management is as meaningful as sticking a step ladder on top of Everest and claiming a record for climbing a new highest mountain.... It has nothing to do with the carp fishing i know and love. I'll get me coat.
    You're not old fashioned, just a proper Angler!

This whole business with RH and this Tom kid is just a circus, a tiny tear in the bigger picture (you know the part of the picture that no-one really looks at...). The sad thing is it's bought about a division - the audacity and arrogance of the kid on FB saying that those who don't take this seriously are 'negative' and 'jealous', is very na´ve and obtusely ironic, seeing it was him and RH who bought the negativity into the very picture in the first place.

"It's just a fish FFS" - I've seen written. Well if that's the way you feel then angling, in it's pure essence isn't flowing through your veins.

I'm glad it's not a recognised fish.
    <>< "A good angler can tell good stories....." ><>

haven't seen whatevers been said on faceache....don't want to !

most of us on here,as ANGLERS, will understand the annoyance that fish has caused.dont think theres been a single person on here in agreeance with it....good !!

thing is,today, carp fishermen ( wont call em anglers) want it all on a plate,and name plastered all over the latest mag,sad...but I think quite true,whether that's to get fame/sponsored gear/bait, god knows,but that's the world of carp fishing today.
    those anglers that have done it since kids,you know,like probably all on here, canals with a float rod/whip etc etc.....and then gradually moved up in general at fishing lakes/rivers etc etc....LEARNING as they go.
    I bet,as I have found out/seen myself over the past few years,come across carpers and when you get speaking to them about other species that they could have caught while carping,you get the normal " oh,i had an 11lb tench last night,chucked it back,bloody waking me up" or the "bloody snotty,it was massive,didnt weigh itbut probably15lb all day long"......does my nut, as they have absolutely no idea on what they actually caught,cos its not a carp...not interested !

long live/stand deans record, for the good and sanity of carp angling.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    haven't seen whatevers been said on faceache....don't want to !

most of us on here,as ANGLERS, will understand the annoyance that fish has caused.dont think theres been a single person on here in agreeance with it....good !!

thing is,today, carp fishermen ( wont call em anglers) want it all on a plate,and name plastered all over the latest mag,sad...but I think quite true,whether that's to get fame/sponsored gear/bait, god knows,but that's the world of carp fishing today.
    those anglers that have done it since kids,you know,like probably all on here, canals with a float rod/whip etc etc.....and then gradually moved up in general at fishing lakes/rivers etc etc....LEARNING as they go.
    I bet,as I have found out/seen myself over the past few years,come across carpers and when you get speaking to them about other species that they could have caught while carping,you get the normal " oh,i had an 11lb tench last night,chucked it back,bloody waking me up" or the "bloody snotty,it was massive,didnt weigh itbut probably15lb all day long"......does my nut, as they have absolutely no idea on what they actually caught,cos its not a carp...not interested !

long live/stand deans record, for the good and sanity of carp angling.

Yep agree with a lot of that, and definitely two types who fish for carp these days, the old school types who mostly know about etiquette and the newer type who don't( not served their apprenticeship)

I think there has always been two types of carp angler it's just more blatant nowadays. The Likes of Nash and Zenon whom would muscle in stop at nothing regardless of how it affected others and the likes of Maddocks and Gibbons whom gave us a lot of info and helped people to catch.

On one hand it's a business for some whom claim they are passionate and on the other a passion for others whom need to make a living.

I'll never for get watching this bloke 20 years ago+ pushing and shoving to get to his swim on the reseviours his dad would even run ahead of him in order to grab it. He would be so utterly ****wd off of he didn't get it. The driving force for his behaviour was the desire to be the top rod gain sponsorship etc etc and although appreciate that the pressure would be on and that's would one may need to do to get on. It never inspired me. Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    This whole business with RH and this Tom kid is just a circus
    Agree.
    While I don't want to slag this Tom guy off it does make me laugh when I hear him and others sticking up for him saying "he didn't know the fish would be stocked when he joined the lake". That may be so but he certainly knew about the numerous other soulless 50 lb mud pigs swimming around that were stocked previously at massive weights.
    He knew exactly the kind of fish he'd be fishing for and while I think some of the aggro he's had is out of order, he cannot complain when he's given zero credit for catching ANY of the fish in that place.

spot on, thats exactly correct, he didn't know about the record mud pig, but he did know about all the other wrong'uns that were in the lake. By handing over cash to fish for these, he is perpetuating RH into producing more waters of the same kind.

Site Connoisseur

Very sanctimonious now this thread. Lake owners that not too long ago were bleating about people poking their uninformed noses into businesses that didn't concern them. Anglers setting themselves up as judge and jury on the merits and credibility of another anglers catch, when it effects them not one jot. Lots commented on the Wraysbury thread about the right of the new owners to make a viable business out of the place. RH should be afforded the same response surely. So long as it's not your hard earned he's pocketing don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooperman View Post
    By handing over cash to fish for these, he is perpetuating RH into producing more waters of the same kind.
    Maybe this is a good thing?
    It's getting harder and harder to find decent waters that aint completely rammed. By creating more instant waters it gives the instant anglers somewhere to go and catch the 40s and 50s they crave, leaving the proper waters for proper anglers?

Frequent User

Here here munich

Quote Originally Posted by munich2012 View Post
    Very sanctimonious now this thread. Lake owners that not too long ago were bleating about people poking their uninformed noses into businesses that didn't concern them. Anglers setting themselves up as judge and jury on the merits and credibility of another anglers catch, when it effects them not one jot. Lots commented on the Wraysbury thread about the right of the new owners to make a viable business out of the place. RH should be afforded the same response surely. So long as it's not your hard earned he's pocketing don't worry about it.
    The point of forums is opinions, not what's right and wrong, but individuals opinions on what 'they' believe. Pub conversations on the Internet, so as far as I'm concerned RH and his experiments are fair game. My 'opinion' is that it is harming the pursuit I love, I'm not losing any sleep over it but am always interested in what other people think, am I alone or in the majority? A lot of my generation of anglers were brought up on aspirational record fish and stories of their captures, Yates and Ritchie Mac. Even the Brook fish came with some bounty hunter tales from Jacko. If this had been accepted as a record, to me it would have been laughable, something I would gladly ridicule, surely I'm allowed that sanctimonious point of view?

Like you say, he can do whatever he pleases but even he would agree that what he does divides opinion and courts controversy. So it may be sanctimonious, but no more so that half the content of the Internet!
    We love you, we love you, we love you
    And where you go we follow, we follow, we follow,
    Cause we support the The Palace, The Palace, The Palace
    and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it

The famous Alan Mullery went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said....................

Site Regular

Good post rperry

Hear, hear rperry

Platinum

I think the point Munich was making was the irony of Cooperman commenting on Rob Hales while throwing his own toys out of his pram if the roach Pit is ever mentioned on the internet.I'm not saying who is right or wrong and I don't care.

agree with perry....

but wates,its been cold,wet n damp outside, but its popcorn time feet up after that remark.....
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

i was just pointing out, that people who give RH money are basically condoning the undermining of our sport, i am allowed an opinion on this subject, this is my opinion. I'm not telling RH how to run his fisheries, I'm not telling him that he can't have his pet projects to grow record fish, I'm just saying that the people who fish his waters are helping to destroy our pastime.

I really don't see how RH is damaging or undermining our sport? As I see it the only people that it can have a negative impact on are those that run fisheries as businesses where they rely on their fish being seen as 'big'.
    I'm happier that a grown on stocky doesn't hold the record but if it did it would not have even a tiny bit of impact on my fishing.
    Halcyon Pool Boreham Essex

I hear it's died?
    Surprise surprise.....

Get you some of that!