Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New record

Default New record

Just seen on facebook that a 70lb fish has been caught from rh fishery The avenue

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Frequent User

Wrong un surely it can't count

Correction 70lb 4oz !

An unknown record?!
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Site Regular

Someone said it was stocked at 74lb.

They aren't really records or even notable achievements anymore though are they?

My point is that carp aren't that hard to catch if you have a decent bait, a sharp hook, can feel a lead down and read the swim. With the info and tech available...my god how you can you blank nowadays?

Add in that lots of the fish are imports and the heritage has taken a hammering and we end up with 'new records' which don't really count.

Not knocking anyone, if its what you want to do then go for it! For me though the real essence of carp fishing seems to be getting lost. New records from dodgy imported fish seems to make that a valid conclusion.

We must look after the good stuff.
    Peering out of the goldfish bowl...

Stocked last week apparently.. Not technically a wrongun as rob hales breeds his own fish from the action strain to stock all his waters. Still wrong though.
    The wonder of the world,*
    the beauty and the power,*
    the shape of things,*
    their colours,*lights and shades;*
    these I saw.*
    Look ye also while life lasts".

Stocked last week at 70lb.....this carp fishing lark is pure comedy gold these days isn't it?

Its like the Olympics, let's stop drug testing everyone and just let them gorge on whatever go faster, jump higher, throw further wonderdrugs they can source, be so funny to watch a 3 second 100m. Its obviously no longer the challenge, man against nature, is it, its just a big fame chasing circus.

Bloody hilarious. Still I am sure most right minded people won't see this as a record. More of a publicity stunt.
    Rolling little balls of goodness.....as someone on here once called 'em....

Fair play to the bloke whose steel stayed in its mouth all the way to the bank

would rather catch a 2lber from the river

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynshubby View Post
    Stocked last week at 70lb.....this carp fishing lark is pure comedy gold these days isn't it?
    it's certainly a joke .......

zero merit in that capture , carp are on the bank more than they are swimming when they've just been stocked!

Good luck to him!! I sure he's not to worried what a few blokes on the Internet think. I heard the record had gone and came on here to see what had been out. I knew that there would be a load of bitching. We all knew it would happen in the end get over it. I'm sure your never be worried by it on your perfect sindicates and stunning estate lakes fully of thousand year old carp.

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Good luck to him!! I sure he's not to worried what a few blokes on the Internet think. I heard the record had gone and came on here to see what had been out. I knew that there would be a load of bitching. We all knew it would happen in the end get over it. I'm sure your never be worried by it on your perfect sindicates and stunning estate lakes fully of thousand year old carp.
    Are you bored because Thorpe Lea is shut?
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Quote Originally Posted by pennywise View Post
    would rather catch a 2lber from the river
    Definitely feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    A typical reply from an idiot sat on his phone I rest my case I won't lower myself to your level.
    Sat on my phone? You're already responding on the correct level.
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Muggy.

Very blurred lines these days. I guess we fish in the way we want to and for the fish that appeal to us. Must be a bit surreal to fish for a known but uncaught freshly stocked British record.

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    Are you bored because Thorpe Lea is shut?
    He's doing a 48 on Pavyotts.
    Simon say's

"I will first apologies to everyone that reads this, I have been a pretty inactive member on this forum for some time, I don't normally call anyone out, but now I feel the need to after having read so much drivel over the last year or so. Jeames you are a complete and utter tool, 90% of what you say is compete crap, the other 10% is drivel that only another tool could understand."

Quote Originally Posted by James Hart View Post
    He's doing a 48 on Pavyotts.
    Doubtless by sitting on it's face, must be a new twist to arsebook. Gimmee fame,gimmee fortune.

John Maynard Keynes