Thread: Cargills lake , Wraysbury

Beginner Member

Default Cargills lake , Wraysbury

Has anyone got any current info on Cargills lake please ? Most info found seems outdated . Im looking for an 'escape' water and it seems to fit the bill , but would like to know about security and current stock please gents?
    PM if preferred , thanks in advance

Site Regular

I know the ticket man but hes on holiday Atm can ask when hes back if you cant get any info

Beginner Member

Thanks mate , that would be much appreciated

That would be great if you could , many thanks!
    Last edited by Olly1; 24-08-2016 at 20:14.

pm
    "A bad days fishing is better than a good day of work"

Beginner Member

Could I have a PM as well please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by framey007 View Post
    I know the ticket man but hes on holiday Atm can ask when hes back if you cant get any info
    Who is this ticket man ???

Quote Originally Posted by Chalfontcarper View Post
    Could I have a PM as well please?

Thanks
    pm sent

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 1HJ View Post
    Who is this ticket man ???
    Hes my daughters boss but im not going to name him on an open forum just wouldnt be cricket.
    He is due back at some point next week

pm Fella

fishing a lake which doesn't have to cater for the lowest common denominator

Quote Originally Posted by Alchow View Post
    Has anyone got any current info on Cargills lake please ? Most info found seems outdated . Im looking for an 'escape' water and it seems to fit the bill , but would like to know about security and current stock please gents?
    PM if preferred , thanks in advance

Worth noting that is no longer "open to all" membership - you need to be nominated by an existing member.
    funky

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense.

If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time

BERTRAND RUSSELL, 1952

Site Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by funky View Post
    Worth noting that is no longer "open to all" membership - you need to be nominated by an existing member.
    Is it not on Blenheim AS anymore then? Or do they now operate a system where an applicant has to be nominated?

P.s I am not being funny I was under the impression the club was open to all.
    Shane leave dirty Barry alone!!! He's Special!!!!

fishing a lake which doesn't have to cater for the lowest common denominator

Quote Originally Posted by dan77 View Post
    Is it not on Blenheim AS anymore then? Or do they now operate a system where an applicant has to be nominated?

P.s I am not being funny I was under the impression the club was open to all.
    Blenheim have changed the rules so applicants now have to be nominated.
    funky

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense.

If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time

BERTRAND RUSSELL, 1952

Site Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by funky View Post
    Blenheim have changed the rules so applicants now have to be nominated.

Fair enough. I don't blame them they have some lovely waters and its the best way of controlling who gets in.
    Shane leave dirty Barry alone!!! He's Special!!!!