Thread: Looking for a sturdy, weight-bearing fishing chair.

Beginner Member

Default Looking for a sturdy, weight-bearing fishing chair.

I'm trying to source a suitable, sturdy chair for my dad who has rediscovered his love for carp fishing in recent years. I bought him one a few years back, but it was relatively inexpensive, lightweight and designed for occasional fishing trips. It's on its last legs so I need to find an alternative as he's going at least once a week and just isn't suitable.

However, he has had spinal surgery and hip replacements in recent years so I'm looking for something that's sturdy enough to take weight on the chair's arms when getting in and out of the chair, but also has the ability to not always be really low to the ground. Cost wise, it can't be silly money but equally, I anticipate we'll need to spend a few quid to get the quality required. Any assistance or advice you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

One of the Nash indulgence chairs. Total tackle have them reduced at the moment
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

The new Fox duralite chair takes some beating. Its very light, comfy with decent arms and looks strong too.

https://www.stivestackle.co.uk/dural...ir-p-3844.html

I recently picked up one of these Avid chairs seems as good as the nash equivelnet but not quite as expensive

https://www.avidcarp.com/Products/Be...enchmark-Chair

Suggest you go to a large tackle shop or one of the bigger shows and test a few out as you think you have picked a good chair but when dad sits in it it could be totally wrong. As a 5'6" disabled person myself (legs/knees) my requirements are slightly different to my friends disabled 6'7" and half my body weight requirements.

On the subject of chairs, and do not mean to hijack the thread Fishmiller, but i have been after a low chair for my river carping, something light and easy to strap to a back pack, looked at the Avid super low, but any other recommendations would be great. To add to the thread i feel that the carp chair scene is crazy money compared to camping chairs which are sturdy and collapsable but not always in the carpy green colours, perhaps looking at these might have what you require for Dad