Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: shelly leaves urban

Quote Originally Posted by Gristy View Post
    I think I was June 2001 maybe 2002 when I first met Jim.

It was my first day on the Cp and Steve P had been floater fishing in the Chair all afternoon.As a 17 year old on my first session I'd passed Steve on a couple of laps and guessed that something was going off in front of him.

In the interests of not making myself look too much of a noddy I decided to tuck myself away in the back bay. I think Jim was was in Des's at this point.

As I was was tarting about sorting my gear out I heard a shout go up BOAT,echoing around the lake from the chair. I think Lewis was with me at the time, taking the **** out of my dodgy camo baitboat (I have since seen the light).

I made my way over there asap to see what the crack was.By the time I'd powerwalked to the chair ,Jim had legged it halfway round the lake and rowed the boat singlehandedly across the lake within 20 yards of the chair, he picked up Steve and I'm sure you know the story. Arfur at 51+, on a floater? Mega!

I have to admit I was blown away, it was a great day to be up there and just witness what went on, to be fair that goes for the entire summer of Steve's dangling.

Anyway, I got chatting to Jim and he was a top man who couldn't do enough to help me both in terms of angling and logistics, plus he treated me to a KFC after fluking a littlun out on my 5th night.

If I was ever in a bind angling wise I would hope there was someone like Jim about to give me a hand, he is a top man in my experience.

After not being in touch for ten years I found myself at a loss and needed a favour regarding a ticket, I gave Jim a bell and it was sorted within 3 days!

I know that if I ever require a favour or two this would still be the case now despite not being on contact for a while, as ever the life outside dangling seems to make time fly, it is only a matter of picking up the blower.

Occasionally people rub each other up the wrong way and that will always be the case but I thought I'd share a story from the other side of the coin
    Was he grooming you?
    Get on the Druids!

Free bait? I'd be more than up for it now, let alone back then

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAllcott View Post
    I do wonder who you really are???Lots having pops at Jim,as always,some are the same old faceless enemy's of his.

I'm a fan, shame on me..

Steve...
    Your a fan? Even after all that business with the 50 that your mate "caught" out of fen Drayton on a floater when it was in full flood, and said he didn't recognise it as a ferry lagoon fish despite the fact you'd caught it out of ferry and he'd photographed it for you?

Really?

I've never met the man or know anything about him. Apart from that he does seem to come in for a lot of stick on this and other forums. What does he do to make the majority slag him off? Or is it the usual faceless key board warriors jumping on the band wagon

Site Connoisseur

Just the usual internet shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherriff View Post
    It's not personal, but I'd say your friend brings it all on himself. My opinion of him is formed from observations of him on Facebook. He's a nasty piece of work. I stand by what I said, I would not want my children looking up to an idiot like him. In fact I'd rather they did not fish. Terrible ambassador for angling sorry Steve.
    Spot on

He certainly went down the polls when he said he hoped the Monument got ottered, because according to him the fish are imported.
    How could any self respecting Carp angler say they hoped any carp got eaten by otters.
    the sad irony is Jim has probably caught many Imported fish but doesn't know it.

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by chanmenie View Post
    Spot on

He certainly went down the polls when he said he hoped the Monument got ottered, because according to him the fish are imported.
    How could any self respecting Carp angler say they hoped any carp got eaten by otters.
    the sad irony is Jim has probably caught many Imported fish but doesn't know it.
    Maybe it should

Quote Originally Posted by Gristy View Post
    I think I was June 2001 maybe 2002 when I first met Jim.

It was my first day on the Cp and Steve P had been floater fishing in the Chair all afternoon.As a 17 year old on my first session I'd passed Steve on a couple of laps and guessed that something was going off in front of him.

In the interests of not making myself look too much of a noddy I decided to tuck myself away in the back bay. I think Jim was was in Des's at this point.

As I was was tarting about sorting my gear out I heard a shout go up BOAT,echoing around the lake from the chair. I think Lewis was with me at the time, taking the **** out of my dodgy camo baitboat (I have since seen the light).

I made my way over there asap to see what the crack was.By the time I'd powerwalked to the chair ,Jim had legged it halfway round the lake and rowed the boat singlehandedly across the lake within 20 yards of the chair, he picked up Steve and I'm sure you know the story. Arfur at 51+, on a floater? Mega!

I have to admit I was blown away, it was a great day to be up there and just witness what went on, to be fair that goes for the entire summer of Steve's dangling.

Anyway, I got chatting to Jim and he was a top man who couldn't do enough to help me both in terms of angling and logistics, plus he treated me to a KFC after fluking a littlun out on my 5th night.

If I was ever in a bind angling wise I would hope there was someone like Jim about to give me a hand, he is a top man in my experience.

After not being in touch for ten years I found myself at a loss and needed a favour regarding a ticket, I gave Jim a bell and it was sorted within 3 days!

I know that if I ever require a favour or two this would still be the case now despite not being on contact for a while, as ever the life outside dangling seems to make time fly, it is only a matter of picking up the blower.

Occasionally people rub each other up the wrong way and that will always be the case but I thought I'd share a story from the other side of the coin
    Cracking days mate - Steve P was some angler, use to hunt them fish down with no let up and his sheep dogs walking behind me.

Site Connoisseur Tackletart, The Original's Avatar

Blokes never done anything wrong by me, but only met him once or twice.

Have friends and acquaintances that I have a lot of respect for and it's a real mixed bag.....some like and respect him and consider him a friend, others wouldn't pi55 on him if he was on fire......each to their own.

Fun to sit on the sidelines and watch the comments the man generates.
    If it flies, floats or F***s, its cheaper to rent than buy

You should hear what your friends say about you ! ! !

I have met him, and can't wait to meet him again..

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by brey View Post
    Your a fan? Even after all that business with the 50 that your mate "caught" out of fen Drayton on a floater when it was in full flood, and said he didn't recognise it as a ferry lagoon fish despite the fact you'd caught it out of ferry and he'd photographed it for you?

Really?
    ?says who..crap

Site Connoisseur Tackletart, The Original's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Medway View Post
    You should hear what your friends say about you ! ! !
    Can't be worse than what the wife says about me.
    If it flies, floats or F***s, its cheaper to rent than buy

Elite (Gold)

it must do peoples nuts in when there fishing a so called hard water and mr shelly turns up and has more fish in a afternoons floater fishing then alot have a season i can see why he has alot of haters
    offtheboatyard

No disputing he's a great angler, he's just not a nice person.

Back again.....!!

Regards Tad.

Proper!
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Who cares...really ?

Lots of Green eyes around these days....
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Things are certainly a lot different now. Lots of know all know nothing types, waffling about something they read in a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Angler View Post
    Things are certainly a lot different now. Lots of know all know nothing types, waffling about something they read in a magazine.
    Exactly that.

He goes fishing....and catches lots.....joe bloggs goes fishing and catch **** all. Hes always caught em from wherever hes gone qnd whatever bait he uses.
    Hes self employed angler...so really gotta go where the money is tbh.didnt work out with some firms...so what !
    Hes got opinions like most....but i think the trouble starts when he does what he does...catches fish.

Get on with it people....enjoy your own fishing. Look at your catches....not jims just to moan.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt