Thread: Newbie on Forum and to Fishing

Default Newbie on Forum and to Fishing

Hi everyone i'm Eilef,

I am new to the forum and to fishing (haven't fished for at least 10 years, and then only a few times). I am a self employed bookkeeper working from home with small businesses and sole traders, mainly in the hospitality area and pubs in particular. I try to only work Monday to Friday but i find that i end up working Saturdays more often than not, so this is where the fishing comes in.

i used to enjoy fishing when i went (probably 10 time in my life), It doesn't bother me if i don't catch anything all day long but i find sitting there is so peaceful and relaxing and it certainly will get me away from working when i do not want to be.

I plan on going fishing at least once a month for starters and then pushing for twice and so on, my friend will be coming with me who goes fishing much more than me, but he's a bit of drip if i'm honest, so i don't really trust what he says.

So I'm after any tips and advice i can get really in starting to fish. Also my friend says that i should soak the new line in soapy water overnight to soften it up to stop it from going funny when using it. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

EJL

Elite (Bronze)

Dunno about soap, but soaking does help.

Get yourself on youtube and search for whatever your looking to do, i.e float fishing, ledgering, carping, fly fishing, predator fishing, there's quite literally 1000's of videos on each type.

Go in your local tackle shop and ask for advice, helps if your actually buying something as well.

Learn to walk before you run.

Thanks Baity,

Will get searching didn't know honk about YouTube.
    There are few shops round by me so going to go in and gave a look.
    I have taken a subscription out with Angling Times to read through and hopefully get done tips from also.
    Thanks in advance

EJL

Make sure that you obtain the relevant licences and maybe look for a local club

Already purchased my full licence I have the email confirmation to take with me until it actually arrives.

I have been watching the Shakespeare starting fishing videos on YouTube they are very informative, I'm really looking forward to going now.
    Thanks in advance

EJL

Elite (Silver)

Soap is a fish repellent. Your mates a sod.