Thread: Colne river and wrasbury river

Beginner Member

Default Colne river and wrasbury river

Hello I have made myself a fishing license 4 days ago and I was wondering if I need to pay anything in order to be able to fish on these rivers. I am 14 years old and love to fish . If I need to pay something if you can tell me how much and how can I pay and if I don't thanks for helping me. Thank you!!!!

Frequent User

A lot of the colne is free area's around Uxbridge moor is. The section of River Frase round Uxbridge is still I believe, Only real way to find out is go to your local stretches and look for signs try talking to anglers.

Frequent User

If you pop into your local or a Tackle shop nearest the stretches yo want to fish then they'll be able to tell you. They're always well informed but it helps if you buy some maggots or hooks etc just to be polite.

The season has closed on rivers until the 16th of June. So you will have to wait until then.
    Lots of love

Rob x

I believe Runnymede Angling Association control the river colne around the Horton/wraysbury area...
    In general, the greater the understanding, the greater the delusion: the more intelligent, the less sane.

Site Connoisseur

Sadly they don't.

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    The season has closed on rivers until the 16th of June. So you will have to wait until then.
    As above, you can't fish any river at the moment as it's the closed season.

If you tell us which bit of the Colne you want to fish we might be able to give some further advice.
    Born to fish, forced to work

Only bit of the Colne that certainly cant be fished is where it runs through Staines Moor. Upstream of there is all well signposted with who runs the fishing rights.

As for the Wraysbury River that runs alongside the M25 to the west of Staines Moor, its all free, but you wont be alone!

But as said have to wait until 16 June