Thread: Fundraising help

Default Fundraising help

I'm not sure if this should go in this section, but I assume the mods will move it, if need be.

No other place to start than at the beginning. Two months ago my 4 year old grand daughter, Ebonie, was diagnosed with leukaemia which, as you can imagine, was staggering news. Since then she has undergone fairly brutal chemo-therapy, and may well have to undergo a bone marrow transplant in the summer, but she is slowly reacting favourably to the treatment.
    Lin and I have helped where we can, mainly by looking after Ebonie's brother and sisters, but we feel pretty helpless. So, to that end, we're going to do some fundraising to help Ebonie's family and also to donate to the Starlight Foundation. Amongst the things we have in mind are a sponsored head shave for me and Ben (Ebonie's dad), and an auction or two. These will take place in a few months and I'll be hijacking a few Facebook and Twitter pages to let people know about that, but firstly we're going to be releasing a book of short stories.
    We brought out a Kindle version of 'Angling Tales of Mystery and Imagination', which had 13 stories. Since then I've added to that, and have also added a couple of stories from other people, so there are now 27 stories in a 156 page softback. We are also producing a limited edition of 21 hardback books, so if anyone would like to reserve a copy of the book would you contact me with a PM or go onto the Freebird Facebook page for the numbers to call.
    All of the money from the books with be donated, and we have been fortunate enough to find a printer who will print us 500 softbacks for nothing, which means that we're looking at raising a possible 10,000.

The softbacks are available to pre-order on the Freebird website and, as I've said, if you'd like to reserve a hardback, please contact us asap.

In the meantime, please send all of your positive thoughts to Ebonie, I know it will help.

Keith, Linda and Ebonie
    You run and you run to catch up with the sun......

Good luck with this, sounds like a very tough times and makes you appreciate how lucky we are. It is worth setting up a Just Giving page and linking from here and Freebird, may also be worth doing a discount code for books (when you have you next sale) so that if you give a 5 discount when you make a 5 donation this is worth over 6 with gift aid. Surely most people would do it.
    You may have missed the boat but worth talking to your membership secretary's on your waters and ask them to add a voluntary donation on subs, when you're coughing up 300+ a year, what's an extra tenner?
    Lastly might be worth a cheeky ask on here to get a 'sticky' thread going in the For Sale section, where people can advertise stuff that they are willing to give away as long as the buyer donates a certain amount.
    Very best of luck with fundraising and to the little pickle Ebonie.
    We love you, we love you, we love you
    And where you go we follow, we follow, we follow,
    Cause we support the The Palace, The Palace, The Palace
    and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it

The famous Alan Mullery went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said....................

Quote Originally Posted by rperry View Post
    Good luck with this, sounds like a very tough times and makes you appreciate how lucky we are. It is worth setting up a Just Giving page and linking from here and Freebird, may also be worth doing a discount code for books (when you have you next sale) so that if you give a 5 discount when you make a 5 donation this is worth over 6 with gift aid. Surely most people would do it.
    You may have missed the boat but worth talking to your membership secretary's on your waters and ask them to add a voluntary donation on subs, when you're coughing up 300+ a year, what's an extra tenner?
    Lastly might be worth a cheeky ask on here to get a 'sticky' thread going in the For Sale section, where people can advertise stuff that they are willing to give away as long as the buyer donates a certain amount.
    Very best of luck with fundraising and to the little pickle Ebonie.
    Thanks for that, mate. Some good ideas there that I obviously haven't even thought of. Not been in this position before, so all the help we can get to raise the money is great.

Let me know if you sort out a just giving page, would be best way for people to help and you get the tax back even on the books.
    We love you, we love you, we love you
    And where you go we follow, we follow, we follow,
    Cause we support the The Palace, The Palace, The Palace
    and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it

The famous Alan Mullery went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said....................

Fingers crossed for your clan keith.

Quote Originally Posted by thicky View Post
    Fingers crossed for your clan keith.
    Cheers Mick. Right back at yer. Thanks for your help, mate.

Okay, we have a Just Giving page for donations to help Ebonie and the Starlight Foundation. Me, Ben (Ebonie's dad) and Sir Pete Springate are having our head's shaved on May 30th (Bank Holiday Monday), and we need a lot of cajoling to help us with that, so every little will help.
    Keep an eye on our Facebook page for further updates, and please share it as well.

The page is www.justgiving.com and search for Ebonie-Rose

Not long now before we go bald! Sadly, Ebonie won't be there on the day as she has to go into hospital a week earlier to undergo some pretty severe chemo, but we will all definitely be thinking of her.
    As well as the head shaving, there are going to be a number of stalls selling stuff to help raise some money. There will also be a face-painting stall for anyone who needs a new identity - I shall be availing myself of their services to have some serious flames adorning my bald pate.
    Also, for those of you who feel brave enough, we will have a small selection of lovely snakes for you to admire and hold. Nothing too scary - I believe the smallest one is a mere four feet long...
    There will also be a raffle which will include some good tackle prizes, books, paintings...and chocolate! What's not to love.
    If you can't attend yourself, please share this just in case some of your friends might fancy it. It's all for a very good cause.
    ebonie_starlight _web.jpg
    You can check out a clearer image on the Freebird Facebook page

I'm just starting to put together the prizes for the raffle next week - I hope there are gonna be a few people there because we've got a bunch of prizes!
    So far we have -
    GHD Hair dryer and Hair straighteners
    100 voucher for Tackle Warehouse
    250 off of tiles or bathroom from Rogers Tiles
    50 voucher for World of Water
    9' Drennan Stalking Rod
    Wychwood Big Pit Reel
    Wychwood rucksack with filled tackle box, hoodie & t-shirt + something extra (we've got two of these with bits and pieces worth more than 100)
    50 Nailistics manicure
    Hamper of lovely chocolate from Paul Wayne Gregory
    Wychwood Scales, carp sack and net station
    CC Moore hookbaits and bait additives
    Framed limited edition print of The Messenger
    Mounted limited edition prints of Wraysbury & Horton Chronicles
    Wychwood sleeping bag and pillow
    Ridge Monkey Sandwich maker
    120 car service at K&H Autos

There are still a few more to list, and I'm also expecting quite a bit of stuff to arrive next week.
    If you're unable to attend next week, and are looking enviously at some of the prizes, fear not. We have some equally wonderful prizes for the auction which begins on June 16th, some of which
    really are things that money can't buy. In the meantime, please continue to support Ebonie on the Just Giving page. We're creeping towards our target of 2000, but it would be great to have reached four figures by next weekend - that will really make having our haircut worthwhile. Go to the Just Giving page and search Ebonie-Rose and donate as much or as little as you can - it really will be worth it.
    And please share this with as many people as you can, especially if you live in the Crawley area.

Site Regular

All the best with the head shaving guys and best wishes to Ebonie-Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by yumbolt View Post
    All the best with the head shaving guys and best wishes to Ebonie-Rose.
    Thanks for that. Just heard some great news from the hospital. Tests that Ebbie had on Monday have shown that she will not need a bone marrow transplant, which is absolutely brilliant news, especially as her 2 year old brother, Ronnie, would have been the donor.
    Monday will be a really good day now - hair or no hair.
    The icing on this very good cake is that the 'Angling Tales...' books have arrived, so they'll be on sale on Monday. They're 15 each and every penny is going to either the Starlight Foundation or Ebonie's family. They can be ordered from www.freebirdpublishing.co.uk and all pre-orders will be sent out next week, so should be delivered by next weekend.
    Me and Lin are off now to get very, very drunk

Hair today...005.jpg

...gone tomorrow!008.jpg

What a great day - more than 200 people turned up and helped raise almost 2500. Huge thanks to everyone.
    Next is a wonderful auction that will start on June 16th.

I know I said the Auction would start on June 16th, but I've a feeling a few of you will have other things on your mind on that day, so, like being able to set up early before casting out at midnight, we've decided to start the Auction a day early.

Have a look on the Auction page at www.freebirdpublishing.co.uk to check out some of the great prizes we have to offer and maybe have a bid. There's plenty of time, but, as we know with June 16th, it's nice to get one under your belt early on.
    Thank you and good luck