Thread: Villedon

Default Villedon

Booked up for a week end of May, done a bit of research but would welcome any feedback from any of you chaps that have fished the place, Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by molly View Post
    Booked up for a week end of May, done a bit of research but would welcome any feedback from any of you chaps that have fished the place, Thanks in advance
    not much feed back on this thread back in 2016, i did fish the venue and spoke with Brigsey for some advice, i had a great week and had carp to 45Ib averaging 4-5 carp a day, chat were not a problem and i fished where they would have come into the lake down in peg 12, lake did rise 4-5 foot and i was nearly forced to take to the boat and evacuate the swim. Going back again this May for a week and was doing the research as you do, it appears that its gone down hill with lies about fish weights and the amount of chat being removed on the drain down, i was reading a thread on Carp Forum (Kiddies Forum) of which i am banned, have been for a considerable number of years now. Ive booked through Carmen at Armitage, last time i went with Fishermens Holidays, had a few negative feedback points regarding them but thats agents for you. Question is, am i going to be hauling pasties and chat for a week? who's been lately? any news, PMs welcome.

I would message briggsy again mate.i think he is pretty well in with the owners isnt he ? So could be worth a go at least.
    Other than that, i would always be wary of negativity of a lake because a lot of things come into play with fishing any french lakes. Eg...people may blank, anglers not liking the owners...being the main 2 that come to mind.
    So really, try and gather up as much info as you can and make your mind up. Go expecting the worst regarding the chats and fish size !
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Some good advice mate and your right about anglers being negative for the reasons you mentioned, i will speak with Briggsy again as his advice was spot on last time. I am committed now as I've paid up, the place is predominately fished by the Dutch and German boys and they haven't been put off so as you say go with a worst case scenario and you can't go far wrong, i will post my findings on my return for those who want to perhaps fish it in the future.

Spot on mate. I'm sure I know a couple of people that have been there. I will ask around and if I find anything out for you I will let you know.
    Good few videos on the place though.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Great stuff, I've had an email from Carmen about the drain down and removal of the chat, they left the place drained for a couple of days and had quite a hard frost which killed off many surviving chat, the small carp were removed and placed in a stock pond. some chunks have been coming out this month biggest going 66Ib so the boilie and pellet approach is certainly working and the fish are packing on the weight. There are some cracking vids out which i have watched and some drone footage of the complex, any more snippets welcome Jeames.

A bit late but to recap on the trip, had a cracking time, weather was ideal on arrival but quickly turned nasty with rain fall on a biblical scale, in fact the lake rose by at least 3 feet and we had to abandon the swim which was officially under water. Caught consistently from the start and averaged at least 4 carp a day to upper 30s and mid 40s. If you are thinking of fishing villidon i highly recommend the food package which was absolutely out standing and brought out to the middle of the lake each night at 1800hrs for a boat pickup. Keeping the bait trickling in was the key and since the ban on particle the boils approach and pellet works fine, no dramas with the chat but the pike played up a bit and were put in to combat the chat, however they tend to attack your gear on the retrieve and we suffered a few bite offs, a swim move paid dividends to the opposite bank after we had to abandon the swim but within an hour the rods were off again. Handful of anglers grazed it out with most packing up and leaving due to conditions, we will return at some point as its a great venue and if your on the fish its non stop action, can be proper drive and survive when the weathers against you but a trip to the shops and a hot shower charges the moral batteries and its back on the fish. Fished Abbey lakes and also Jurrassik carp this october in France again good venues but hard going on Heron due to numbers, you can see how we all got on by typing in FCC Carp Classic into UTube as Rob Hughes came out and filmed us for BT Sports. Lets hope my 2019 adventures are just as fun. Keep at it lads