Thread: Blue pool September

Default Blue pool September

Hi,
    Long time since I posted on here,down BP with a few mates for the week.Is it still a productive margin water & much weed present ?

Weed has been treated months back iv not fished it myself iv had plenty of opportunity to do so and I have had no one complaining about weed when iv done my patrols on there, its been fishing very well this year

Gary

Good to hear that's its fishing well, I'm on for 3 days at the end of August
    I do what I'm good at and I'm good at what I do!

How much is the cost? Do you book the whole lake or just a swim?
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

You book the whole lake,all the info is on the Advanced Angling web site

Gary

Elite (Silver)

be good to get an update, I am fishing it for the first time end of October - heard it is a margin water most of the year...
    "wicked..... well chuffed with this one....."

I'm on there from tomorrow for 3 days so will let you know how I get on

Frequent User

How did it go top_gear?

I'm on there for 3 days at the end of September myself

We did struggle and only managed a couple between us. I was chasing them round the lake to get a bite but during the day they were all being held up in the back of the many snags. I had more fish out last November when we went but never mind. The fish fell to standard bottom baits fished over small helpings of pellet for me in peg one cast across to the other side of the bay. We didn't have anything over our heavily baited areas, I'm not saying that wouldn't work but it didn't for us on the day. Come dark they literally love to through themselves out of the water in the middle of the pond, I would suggest a zig out in open water would be a good bet just under the surface.
    Let me know if you need anything other info?

Frequent User

Thanks for the advice

Not been before and we are expecting it to be a tricky stalking/margin water from watching the Korda vids and others

Will defo be checking the snags during the day and also try the zigs idea

I'm on there from today till Friday I'll update when we get back.

Ok got back from Blue pool today after a four night stint,spoke to the guys pulling off from a 48 they said it had been fishing badly.They had a few fish between them but with the weather on the change we were very confident .First thing we noticed that there was an Algie bloom in the water and no fish movement at all on are initial walk round.All the usual stalking spots where not visible so sitting behind rods for four days was our only option.The first 48 only produced 2 fish to my mate fishing the snags it seemed they were spending alit of time up there ,open water was dead and the pond seemed devoid of fish ! The rain came Wednesday and woke them up partially and we managed to bag a few along the burghfield bank in the margins,just chucking singles or small bags to bubbling fish.They clearly weren't up for a big feed up and ended the week with a very disappointing 13 fish between us to 32.The weed has been treated a week prior & there where lots of floating weed rafts which made presentation difficult at times .The Algie did start to clear a bit when we were there so we could do some stalking but it was hard to get them to feed still and only a few fish seen & the didn't seem that interested.Its clearly a different lake than when I last went quite a few years ago the fish are getting angled for 24/7 so most of the time it's not going to be a pushover.That said with better water quality I feel we would of done better.We all thought we were getting done in the night a few times as well so they have definatly got a lot cuter.That all said a great little lake for a social and the fish are packing in the pounds.

Frequent User

Cheers mozzer

I have also heard there are crays in there at the moment, any issues with them?

I am going on Friday for 3 nights so will report back

When I was there I had no real issues with crays, from three nights there was one hook bait which had been nibbled and that was it.

A few of us going next weekend....keep the updates coming chaps, very useful.

I think the place is now behaving exactly like other highly pressured day ticket waters, and has done for a few years. First time I went there, they would have a bit of bait, particularly nut baits (choc orange at the time). Subsequent trips saw them getting more and more cagey. I actually blanked on a three day session there last time I went, and top rod was fishing SINGLE cell, thrown at showing fish (or sometime, just thrown anywhere!). The same applies at the two nearest day tickets waters to me, best method is two or three baits broken up, subtle rigs, small hookbaits.

Give the fish a rest and everyone would benefit......
    Rolling little balls of goodness.....as someone on here once called 'em....

Frequent User

Got back yesterday from a Fri - Mon session.
    Weather conditions were not ideal - high pressure, bright sun, clear and chilly at night.
    Only 3 of us were fishing and we managed a 28 mirror and 29 mirror, with 2 losses. Crayfish damaging the hooklinks was the prime suspect for the otherwise unusual break offs. Several hookbaits were also badly pincered. All the bites came from the margins, to singles/chods.
    So tough going, but a nice lake. The most fish we saw were up the far end by the island/bay and the inlet pipe.

Four of us fished for 24 hours; Sunday to Monday. There was a 28lb fish caught from swim 7 and one lost fish. A 30lb 4oz (anglers PB) came from near the gap in the trees (22). I was one of blankers up in swim 12, bait came back clean and untouched in the morning, so I've been telling myself that they just weren't there (even though I saw one or two).

There are a lot of crays in the margins, you can see them crawling around and up the foliage along the bank. Traps are set around the lake baited with fish heads.

Fishing in 6 feet plus I didn't get any issues nor did the others. Person in 7 had constant liners from them walking over his line.

Water clarity isn't what is once was, likely due to the weed treatment. There are probably loads of fish in there, but like last time I fished BP you get the feeling that there aren't that many fish to go at.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfish View Post
    near the gap in the trees (22)
    It was peg 2.