Thread: Wychwood D-Ploy

Site Regular

Default Wychwood D-Ploy

So,

many owners out there ? Hows the D-ploy been, met your expectations ? Easier to use than you first thought and have got use to setting one up ?

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by the grand fromage View Post
    So,

many owners out there ? Hows the D-ploy been, met your expectations ? Easier to use than you first thought and have got use to setting one up ?
    Just Bumping this as I am asking the same question as above any owners experiences would be welcome.

Regards

Paul.

Having owned a trakker pioneer I brought one great idea with a very poor exicution. A real handful to put up groundsheet tore after first time of use leaked via storm pole on top put skull cap on and condensation was worse than Ivery ever experienced. Really dissatisfied and dissapointed .How they charged 600 I don't no.hope this is a help

Site Connoisseur

How they charge 600 is simple people pay it

Site Regular

AFCDON.

My findings couldnt be further from yours. I liked the concept, bought one and absolutely love it. I fished hard in Nov & Dec on a open pit and each session was with howling SW and very hard rain.....and I was right on the end of it. Didnt move an inch, bone dry and took everything thrown at it. Light, quick to erect with just enough room for session fishing. Cant praise it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by the grand fromage View Post
    AFCDON.

My findings couldnt be further from yours. I liked the concept, bought one and absolutely love it. I fished hard in Nov & Dec on a open pit and each session was with howling SW and very hard rain.....and I was right on the end of it. Didnt move an inch, bone dry and took everything thrown at it. Light, quick to erect with just enough room for session fishing. Cant praise it enough.
    I also liked the concept like I said I had the pioneer and brought this to replace it as was getting worn and tired I just expected it to be a lot better and certainly justify the money I paid for it.But that said it was when they first brought it out and they probably tweeted them through time

Get a trakker pioneer if you can find a mint one best bivvy ever made imo
    AUDERE EST FACERE - TO DARE IS TO DO..

Elite (Bronze)

Got one my self,
    How are people still getting on with there’s?
    Still getting the hang of putting it up tho in the garden as had it while and still not been out lol
    BAIT OUT
    CAST OUT
    ITS THERE!!

Site Regular

I don't use mine much, as Ive been days only recently but, when needed, Im absolutely loving the D Ploy. Quick to put up once you've got the hang of it, the materials awesome and Ive replaced the crappy storm rods with dymag's excellent version. I cant really fault it. Yea the space behind the bedchair is a little 'dead' space due to the angle of the bivi itself but that's a minor gripe. Its been rock solid in some prolonged, horrendous weather and not moved an inch. Hopefully do a few nights this year and i'll be using the D-Ploy. A big thumbs up from me n every aspect of it.