Thread: Fox Pool! Any advice or memorable times from this lake?!?!

Beginner Member

Default Fox Pool! Any advice or memorable times from this lake?!?!

I have just got my hands on a ticket for fox pool and despite big carp fishing for many years Iv always fished high pressure day ticket venues and that is we're I come into my own as an angler. Fox pool on the hand is the other side of the fishing spectrum and I'm quite simply hunting for any info off people who have fished it in recent years. I am under no illusion it's going to be easy and after everything Iv heard I'm going with a target of 5-7 fish for the season with me doing an average of 2 nights a week till October. It's this unrealistic for a first season angler or setting the bar low... And would like to know what kind of bait, not particular baits but bollie or naturals, small beds of it or get a few kilo in? Im only hunting for info to give me half a chance on my first few sessions and the hope is I will get a feel for things after a month or so... Any info is welcome or even just personal experiences of the lake or simply a story of a memorable session or season. Hope to hear from some fox pool veterans! Thank you for reading! J

Got a ticket this season as well and can't wait to get on there.

Learn all you can about fishing in weed, 'cause you'll be seeing lots of it - and that doesn't necessarily mean just tie up a choddy and solid bag
    I started out with nothing.... And I've still got most of it left!

Frequent User

How do you go about getting a Fox Pool tickets?

Just google fox pool and it's on their website
    I do what I'm good at and I'm good at what I do!

LongSessions, i wouldnt worry too much about targets for the season mate, just get down there and enjoy it. The fishing can be difficult at times, especially when the weed gets up. The fish move around the pond a lot so little traps in the edge or heavy baiting in open water can/will pay off depending on conditions/ pressure/ the time of year ect.

The lake itself is gin clear at times, very weedy, deep and full of features so time spent on the bank should tell you what you need to be doing. My best bit of advice would be to keep your eyes open as the fish really like to show themselves usually by fizzing up over spots.

I've been fishing both fox and the road for the last two seasons and i really like it down there, the anglers and the bailiffs alike are a decent bunch who will help you out if needed, Make sure you pop over for the opening night bbq/hog roast if you can aswell as there always memorable and a good chance to get a little more info

Tight lines and see you soon

Scouse Steve

Yep, if it's quiet they can often be found fizzing up in the edge and a quiet approach can pay dividends
    It aint the size of your rod, its how you dangle it in the water !

set the controls for the heart of the sun

Still Learning on There so can't Really Add To Much But Good advice from Steve & Potts
    "LADDERS OBSCURED BY CARP"

I know in my time on there there were very few anglers prepared to spod and bait away from the edge but may have changed a bit.

They do love it in the edge at times and the 3 corners away from the car park are great areas to try.

Did they close the ruins swim in the end?

Ruins Still Open Lots of Peeps Spodding & Baiting into Open Water These days

Shame, it was a good tactic when it was not the done thing :-) ruins great for spotting fish

Fantastic Waters Both Fox & Road Good Bunch of Lads on There Too Really Enjoyed Last Year Although I didn't do a Great amount of Time on Them

Go there and enjoy its a fantastic water with some cracking fish really enjoyed my time on there and with hindsight should of stayed longer.
    As potts has said the corners are always worth a shout, they love to bubble up and show in the edge
    AUDERE EST FACERE - TO DARE IS TO DO..

Site Regular

I can only echo what everyone else has said,if you enjoy it,it will really get under your skin.There are no rules in fishing but as a general frame work,the snaggy corners are good for close observation and a bite during the day.The open water swims are good for a night or morning bite but this is not set in stone but highlights that any of the swims can produce throughout the 24 hr period.Don't be afraid to stick a bit of bait out because when they hit it,they'll hit it hard giving you the impression there is a scuba diving class taking place over your bait,very exciting stuff! There are some quite old,lovely looking carp in there that can be tricky customers but makes every capture worth a cheer.Enjoy

Beginner Member

Some great advice in there! Thank you very much, sounds like everyone who has fished there has really enjoyed it witch is what I plan to do! Simply can't wait!

Memorable times: landing my first fish after 30 nights (first bite the night before). Turning up to find my bait had turned moldy in the van overnight and watching them go mad for it after I'd thrown it in the snags in Concrete Corner - had one on plastic sweetcorn fished on its own shortly after, which I thought had died on me when it went lifeless on the mat (it didn't I'm pleased to say). Feeding and fishing an unpopular spot for 7 blank nights before catching 7 fish in the next 7. Your mate catching Bazil with your hook still in its bottom lip

Cracking place, which I hear from a few different sources has got even better under the new regime, but i left as I never had a bite before Oct in darkness. When my circumstances changed and I became a midweek, overnighter, in-between-work angler it gets ****ing frustrating when you repeatedly get a phone call when you're sat in office asking if you can come and do the photos!
    Raise money for charity and raise the profile of angling: visit www.stoneyandfriends.org.uk[/url]

Might have to go back..
    AUDERE EST FACERE - TO DARE IS TO DO..

Some of the old members from our day are saying it's a cracking place now. Wrong side of London for me now
    Raise money for charity and raise the profile of angling: visit www.stoneyandfriends.org.uk[/url]

Stalking is the way forward and trying to time it when there's not many on....that might be difficult though

Frequent User

If anybody wants any information about tickets for foxpool or the roadlake drop me a pm and i will give you all the information you need or you can check out the web site.
    www.longfield-fishery.co.uk