Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horton church lake

Elite (Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by TomWaltonCarper View Post
    would love to get on church if I moved back to England...place is stunning
    Evening Gents - Sorry to re-boost this post from old but cannot find any recent posts or threats on Church Lake - has anyone been on Church last season/recently and can give up to date info on the place.

Hoping to get down there finally (after wanting a ticket for years) and trying to find as much info online as I can. Does anyone know (aside from Laney's books, Mike Wilmott's book with Froggers chapter and the Horton Chronicles) if any chapters have been written in books about anglers time on Church? looking to get as much info as I can on the place.

I remember maybe 10 years or so ago, maybe longer, one of the magazines did an edition dedicated to Church with the lake layout and it's history (may be a needle in a haystack that one but couldn't find it in any of my old mags). Feel free to drop me a PM if anyone wants to get in touch and sorry for the blatant info request.

Cheers all and tight lines.
    "wicked..... well chuffed with this one....."

All the info you'll ever need can be found in that lodge:

Map of the lake
    Catch log.

Go get them Tom.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

gotta be over 10 years ago now but beadle did alot of writing about horton in big carp magazine ......

Loads of recent stuff in Carpworld.

Elite (Silver)

Cheers Hippy/Carphooker and Elty - will take a look at Carpworld and do some digging.

I am trying to remember which mag did a major issue on Church, some time ago. If memory serves me correct it talked about someone hooking a fish and had it on for 10 hours only to pass the rod to his mate due to exhaustion who then it turn lost it... this could be B.S that i made up but I am sure i read that story in the issue - had a map of the lake with various swims and details - maybe advanced carp or total carp - doubt it was the latter...

Cheers Hippy/Carphooker and Elty - will take a look at Carpworld and do some digging.

I am trying to remember which mag did a major issue on Church, some time ago. If memory serves me correct it talked about someone hooking a fish and had it on for 10 hours only to pass the rod to his mate due to exhaustion who then it turn lost it... this could be B.S that i made up but I am sure i read that story in the issue - had a map of the lake with various swims and details - maybe advanced carp or total carp - doubt it was the latter...
    That would be a chapter called 'Night of The Demons' from a book called Waiting for Waddle by Phil Thompson.

Good luck finding a copy!

**sam**

Elite (Bronze)

Was it this?

https://www.carpology.net/articles/f...crash-and-burn
    Visit Our Love Of Carp on Facebook and Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    That would be a chapter called 'Night of The Demons' from a book called Waiting for Waddle by Phil Thompson.

Good luck finding a copy!

**sam**
    Wasn't that all so covered in the Horton book?
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

It was in advanced carp fishing mate, i chucked out a load magazines bout a month ago and was flicking through them and remember seeing the article,

Elite (Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    Seems like that was it mate, although I remember he took to the boat and then passed it to a friend who lost it, not him - again my mind could be muddled given how long ago I read the article, must be 14/15 years ago or maybe more?

Cheers aducktowater1 - I think it was ACF - shame the old lady chucked all my old copies out when they moved....

Sam - yes, I have previously looked for a copy but as you said... had a tad bit of trouble....

Site Regular

Big carp done a very good series in about 2008 if I remember rightly , might be worth a look up , magical water ..

Changed a great deal since the old days, but there is now a lot of big fish, and some luxurious facilities if you are prepared to hand over the money. I've chatted to a few lads who fish there now and it can get busy, and the "main" swims can be hard to get into, but the fish get caught all over.
    Lots being written, and I think there's a few youtube videos, as it's a popular venue for sponsored anglers...

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...on+church+lake

Also a few books (I have a copy of the chronicles from Freebird I may part with...)

Elite (Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
    Changed a great deal since the old days, but there is now a lot of big fish, and some luxurious facilities if you are prepared to hand over the money. I've chatted to a few lads who fish there now and it can get busy, and the "main" swims can be hard to get into, but the fish get caught all over.
    Lots being written, and I think there's a few youtube videos, as it's a popular venue for sponsored anglers...

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...on+church+lake

Also a few books (I have a copy of the chronicles from Freebird I may part with...)
    Cheers Hippy - yes just got my copy of Chronicles delivered so will be having a read over that. Cheers for the link, have checked most of the stuff on youtube and you get a bit of an idea about the place - the Dave Levy vids are good and he obviously did well on there last season.

Looking forward to getting on the bank for real in April