Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bank charger

Elite (Bronze)

Dannyboy1978, do you not use any kind of in line fuse on your arrangement ?

I only ask as I have the lead in your picture already and would just need to buy the battery but, I worry about frying my Galaxy S4 ?

I have one of the cheap Ebay chargers and it is poo and only gives me one charge now.
    Albino- Can"t say fairer than that...............

Site Connoisseur

scar a dedicated car charger would have its own fuse so would be safe to plug into your lighter socket but if you use a usb adapter i dont think they are all fused.

You are right that the socket and lead isn't protected and wouldn't be a bad idea to fit an inline fuse just after the crocodile clip

Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Dannyboy1978, do you not use any kind of in line fuse on your arrangement ?

I only ask as I have the lead in your picture already and would just need to buy the battery but, I worry about frying my Galaxy S4 ?

I have one of the cheap Ebay chargers and it is poo and only gives me one charge now.
    If you are plugging a cigarette light adaptor in then there is usually aa fuse in there.
    Cornish Ben, King of the Pasties

Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Dannyboy1978, do you not use any kind of in line fuse on your arrangement ? I only ask as I have the lead in your picture already and would just need to buy the battery but, I worry about frying my Galaxy S4 ? I have one of the cheap Ebay chargers and it is poo and only gives me one charge now.
    Hi Scar

I brought those exact parts and used... Not to savvy on this sort of thing but some have answered above which might be helpful..

I use my car cigarette USB convertor and not had any issues so far
    Heres to a healthy and safe 2012

Been looking at the Ridgemonkey power vault for a power supply when in France for camera,and DVD player, i use an Anchor Solar panel which i highly recommend for phone during the day. The Ridgemonkey however can only be charged by mains power and i believe they are currently working on a Solar charge capability so i don't really want to spend the dosh until the MK2 comes out. The venues i fish are away from the van and a distance by boat to the clubhouse hence a power supply at hand on the bank. Ive had those bivy boxes and they are complete pants, I've even made my own from Maplins components as all they are is a Baitboat battery in a box with a fuse and a car charger port. Any advice chaps on what you've used etc, also a up to the job solar panel for charging bait boat batteries. thanks in advance.

Molly does the solar panel charge your phone or just 'top it up'
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

Apparently the solar part of the ridgemonkey is just an add on and NOT a new device
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

Quote Originally Posted by molly View Post
    Been looking at the Ridgemonkey power vault for a power supply when in France for camera,and DVD player, i use an Anchor Solar panel which i highly recommend for phone during the day. The Ridgemonkey however can only be charged by mains power and i believe they are currently working on a Solar charge capability so i don't really want to spend the dosh until the MK2 comes out. The venues i fish are away from the van and a distance by boat to the clubhouse hence a power supply at hand on the bank. Ive had those bivy boxes and they are complete pants, I've even made my own from Maplins components as all they are is a Baitboat battery in a box with a fuse and a car charger port. Any advice chaps on what you've used etc, also a up to the job solar panel for charging bait boat batteries. thanks in advance.
    The Anker Solar Panel and Portable chargers are great however it will not top a leasuire battery for good reason. I carry an Anker solar panel and three portable charges which gives me 2-3 days with an IPhone 6 and vapouriser having the leasuire battery gives me 80 hours of TV charges all my kit for 4 days straight on all the time TV etc.

Quote Originally Posted by molly View Post
    The Anker Solar Panel and Portable chargers are great however it will not top a leasuire battery for good reason. I carry an Anker solar panel and three portable charges which gives me 2-3 days with an IPhone 6 and vapouriser having the leasuire battery gives me 80 hours of TV charges all my kit for 4 days straight on all the time TV etc.

I’m sure Ridge monkey has little to offer that betters Anker and I for one won’t buy into the hype.

Totally agree, the Anchor solar panel is a must for all anglers and charges my iPhone on the bank even when the light quility is poor. When I bought my bait boat I also received a solar panel to charge the boat on the bank, it did not however have a regulator so kept overcharging and blowing the fuse. I have just bought self a regulator from the auction site which will fit onto the panel and will enable me to charge batteries and prevent overcharging problems etc cost me 7bucks ideal. Looking on sorting out my base camp in France when I go in May. If you need a solar panel for the phone then Anchor is a must, used it overseas when in the forces as well and it's bullet proof

I bought one of these
    a lot of power and has fast charge technology if your phone supports it checkout the owners reviews

Extra High Powerful Capacity: EC Technology 26800mAh portable charger with super high capacity

able to charge iPhone 6S around 10 times, iPhone 8 around 9.3 times, iPad Mini 4 3.1 times, Samsung Galaxy S8 almost 5 times.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Jesus loves you" is a nice gesture in church - but a terrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison

Frequent User

Or one of these with nearly 15% more capacity from a trusted brand , slightly cheaper off Amazon

http://www.tecknet.co.uk/iep3015.html
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad