Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euro aqua........??

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by wates View Post
    anglers don't have limited time, they can go as much as they want, but most won't, and they moan about others that do put the effort in, in many cases because of their own poor results.
    Bloody spot on Wates!

Frequent User

Lake Balaton looks challenging at 600km2
    okey karaoke!

Depends what you want out of your own fishing I guess.if you have the money and prepare d to do it...go for it.
    For me they aren't natural....OK...110lb...whatever....massive carp granted.

But 60lb maize....no thanks.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Here some facts from local anglers so you know the true about the place:

A week fishing there starts from GBP1500(I think it will raise to 2000 coming year) you have included in this food, 20kg boilies, some particles. You are allowed to bring 5kg of your own boilies considered hook baits if you need more baits you need to purchase on site. If you have a non fishing guest you need to pay extra GBP350.
    Most of the fish in there are indeed from Balaton and the way they catch them is quite easy. Balaton has a single spawning shallow area where they pull nets around it when fish are spawning then choose the 25Kg+ fish and voila...dump them in the lake. This is possible with money....like in all eastern europe countries corruption is high and if you have money you can do anything....in Hungary everything has it's price. When I was traveling down there the cops will pull you over if you had foreign plates and ask for bribe to let you go. Quite common even this days.
    Also another fact, the local anglers are not allowed to fish there for obvious reasons ). I could go on and on about this but is no point..... The place is nice, I fish in europe a lot but I would not fish there even if is the last place on Earth with carp.

Quote Originally Posted by weeked View Post
    I would not fish there even if is the last place on Earth with carp.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by KERRIN View Post
    Lake Balaton looks challenging at 600km2
    pffft. A mere puddle.

you're not a real carp angler until you've caught fish from a couple of waters over 1 million acres....

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    pffft. A mere puddle.

you're not a real carp angler until you've caught fish from a couple of waters over 1 million acres....
    I'll keep trying but that's 1/60th of the total size of the UK i might struggle to find some waters with access :-).

Balaton= youtube.com/watch?v=TKmXHQi6dvk
    okey karaoke!