Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro aqua........??

Default Euro aqua........??

Some pretty amazing catch results coming from this place.....One angler in a session ......30 plus fifties and 17 over 60.......

Sounds like fun.........Do these catches have any real cred...........

And how come the stock is soooo massive (I know the owner dumps shed loads of maize into the lake , but if it where that easy surly every fishery owner would be doing it...)

Not intended to be a knocking style post, just that for someone who still gets pleasure catching doubles those figures are pretty awesome....

Regards Tad.

Are they not lots of big fish from the area all dumped in one lake?

Means nothing to me, a whole bunch of fifties from a lake stuffed full of them is like a bunch of doubles from the local commercial.
    Cornish Ben, King of the Pasties

Site Regular

Not the best looking either. Where does your fishing go after that haul?

Meh shooting fish in a barrel
    Sunny sunny Djibouti

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bump View Post

Means nothing to me, a whole bunch of fifties from a lake stuffed full of them is like a bunch of doubles from the local commercial.
    interesting point that because I have always thought the same to a degree. but is there anymore merit in bringing a bigger fish to the bank than a smaller fish? more of a test on the tackle (knots, hooks etc) and in theory it should be a more difficult fight I guess.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

The lakes stock as I understand it came from a big public water nearby, not my idea of fishing to be honest but the on site night club sounds good !
    blowing in the wind

it all sounds a bit "Plastic" to me personally, but I'm learning to live and let live regardless of what people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    interesting point that because I have always thought the same to a degree. but is there anymore merit in bringing a bigger fish to the bank than a smaller fish? more of a test on the tackle (knots, hooks etc) and in theory it should be a more difficult fight I guess.
    In the past, for a big fish to be produced, it had to be in an environment with an abundance of natural food or a very low stock; factors which make for bigger than average fish and also difficult fishing. Stocking fish into a smaller venue (I believe they came from Ballaton?) and feeding them artifically (through supllemetary feeding or a culture of heavy baiting by anglers) creates an artifical situation with an abundance of big fish which don't find it as easy to ignore a hookbait.

Thankfully, angling is a personal dicipline, and what others catch and enjoy doesn't affect anyone else (except illegal movements/disease) so fair play to anyone who feels they want to fish there. I'm sure they wouldn't have enjoyed spending a few hundred nights for a handful of fish - but no one is forcing the other to swap! You wouldn't catch me withing a mile of the place - being given a swim for the week and fishing to spots baited by the owners feels like the key skill - location - is being taken away from me, but if the fish aren't stressed and badly treated*, then each to their own. Merit is personal.

*for example, whilst I have nothing against match anglers, I think there is a serious case for cruelty when stock levels are high enough to catch several hundred pounds of fish in a five hour match!

Elite (Bronze) Lea Valley Carper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
    In the past, for a big fish to be produced, it had to be in an environment with an abundance of natural food or a very low stock; factors which make for bigger than average fish and also difficult fishing. Stocking fish into a smaller venue (I believe they came from Ballaton?) and feeding them artifically (through supllemetary feeding or a culture of heavy baiting by anglers) creates an artifical situation with an abundance of big fish which don't find it as easy to ignore a hookbait.

Thankfully, angling is a personal dicipline, and what others catch and enjoy doesn't affect anyone else (except illegal movements/disease) so fair play to anyone who feels they want to fish there. I'm sure they wouldn't have enjoyed spending a few hundred nights for a handful of fish - but no one is forcing the other to swap! You wouldn't catch me withing a mile of the place - being given a swim for the week and fishing to spots baited by the owners feels like the key skill - location - is being taken away from me, but if the fish aren't stressed and badly treated*, then each to their own. Merit is personal.

*for example, whilst I have nothing against match anglers, I think there is a serious case for cruelty when stock levels are high enough to catch several hundred pounds of fish in a five hour match!
    That echoes my personal feelings on the matter. With regard to the match fishing, I think it's extremely cruel on the poor juveniles that are crushed at the bottom of the keepnet when it's pulled out with a 100 pounds plus of fish on top of them.

Elite (Bronze)

Never heard of this place but looks ridiculous, anyone been?

Frequent User

Hi, as usual people seem to be casting unwarranted aspersions without taking the time to find out the facts.
    Before I go further I wish to state I have no affiliation to this water, my interest is based purely on the sizes the fish have grown to.
    This is the information I have been led to believe.
    Firstly the link between Baliton and Euro Aqua is simply its close proximity.
    Secondly, the owner of the lake is a fish farmer and is part of one of the biggest breeding and growing concerns in Europe.
    The 25/26 acre lake is ex gravel pit in 1962, it was left alone until the 80s and since that time it has been nurtured with big carp in mind.
    It is very shallow and because of this it is one of the warmest lakes in Europe, this makes it a perfect lake for fish to grow.
    Carp have been grown on in various waters especially with the intention of stocking into this lake, to produce a big fish venue.
    The fish have grown big on a diet of Naturals, Pellets and Grain and show what is possible in the right water.
    Whether you wish to fish a place like this is personal choice, but calling the owner a thief etc without proof, is wrong.

Did anyone call anyone a thief?
    Cornish Ben, King of the Pasties

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bump View Post

I've fished in Europe pioneering style since the 80's, although I haven't been out for about ten years. I was invited to join a friend earlier this year on a trip to a French commercial venue - the first time I've fished a venue of this type. The on-site lodge, with sky TV, hot showers and meals prepared for you were something of a revelation and my catch result was light years ahead of any I'd had in the past.... But personally I found it to be just a bit too 'plastic'. I've described it as being a bit like 'Thorpe Lea with lumps in'. The lake was very pretty and very highly stocked. If you had fish in front of you, you caught - 30's, 40's and 50's. Simple as that.

I'm certainly not knocking the venue, or those who enjoy fishing them. The sheer numbers of them springing up bear testament to the demand for them. Personally though - although I had a great time and enjoyed catching the fish, I felt nothing of the achievement that I'd felt for far more meagre results in the days when we'd turn up on a lake and cast out, not knowing what might be in there. Somehow, It was all such a big adventure then.
    I started out with nothing.... And I've still got most of it left!

Elite (Gold)

It doesn't strike me as any different to any of the other "holiday" venues - only that this one has more big fish than most. I would hazard a guess that most other anglers visiting the venue will not have catches like this.

Frequent User
    Cudworth, Barnsley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy View Post

Hurts to say it, what with you being a mod n ting, but you could not have put it better than that.

Nothing beats the buzz of a take from a hard water, size is irrelevent. Thats the moment, when you've grafted for it, that keeps me coming back. I genuinely get bored if its easy very quickly no matter the size. No challenge, no point for me, but each to their own and all that.

Holiday venues imo arent meant to hard rewarding waters. They some where to go and catch a few fish and have a bit of a laugh with mates

It is just that,a holiday venue,But it does make me chuckle when people are straight on knocking it because its not a UK lake.If that lake was in this country no one would be able to get on it and it is the best chance Joe normal has of catching fish of that size with the limited time so many anglers have.I for one don't see the problem or is this just a case of UK anglers elitism.A carp is a carp, some people will include foreign fish as PB's but that's their choice and I think every carp is rewarding no matter where its from,otherwise you wouldn't do it

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by tuftylover View Post
    with the limited time so many anglers have.
    anglers don't have limited time, they can go as much as they want, but most won't, and they moan about others that do put the effort in, in many cases because of their own poor results.

I could go whenever i wanted if i wanted to loose my job, mrs and son lol