Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyer's Rodney Meadow.....

Beginner Member

Default Boyer's Rodney Meadow.....

Boyer's Rodney Meadow..... couple rekkie trips & a fair bit of research under my belt, but I have absolutely no idea of depths/lakebed!!

I don't fancy thrashing my marker about and ****ing everybody off, so wondered if someone here might offer up a little advise or a lake map (if one even exists).

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisLDN; 27-03-2014 at 12:47.

marker rod when no-ones fishing ???

other than that,im not sure mate if theres any maps etc about for you to buy.

but if your local,then the above option could be worth looking at.

also..look on google earth at the lake,should show you bars/bays etc etc.just not depths !!
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Beginner Member

Hi mate

I did have a map for the place when i fished it will have a look for it for you, The Channel and Willow swim i liked and had a lot of my fish out of rodney never caught 3 scale but had all the rest of them nice lake can get quite weedy but puts a lot of people off when there blanking and then you have the lake to yourself after a few months

Hi Mate,

I have a detailed map I made when I fished it back in the 80s, also a load of photos taken when it was drained down for the netting when the fish were moved to Harefield.
    If I can scan them I can send them to you, drop me a PM.

Other than that if you can get hold of Paul Selmans book, Carp Reflections there is a little map of the bars in front of the Point, also in the text he virtually describes the bars in most of the lake.

Nice lake, though a lot weedier and busier than back when I was there!

Beginner Member

Much appreciated guys, thank you.

Good to hear you did well on there SJChant. Btw, I don't think 3 Scale has been out for a 4+ years now!!! I've heard a couple rumours :/ Yer that map would be a great help mate - if you can find it lol. Looks like an awesome place, can't wait to get started

PM for you Youngie

Beginner Member

^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by ChrisLDN; 01-04-2014 at 08:56.

Beginner Member

^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by ChrisLDN; 01-04-2014 at 08:57.

allways wondered what it was like these days had my first 30 from there (nelson) in 89 I think loved it there my first proper gravel pit !

Quote Originally Posted by robkirby View Post
    allways wondered what it was like these days had my first 30 from there (nelson) in 89 I think loved it there my first proper gravel pit !
    Never go back !

Early 80s was the times, hundreds of double figure commons, thousands of 3lb tench and bream!
    But there were the mirrors, Big Rod, The Pet, Gut Bucket and a few, but very few 20s.

89 sounds a little late, when did Rob catch Nelson from Harefield, anyone?

set the controls for the heart of the sun

I'm Not to sure But I think There was a Full Map of Rodney M in One of The Big Carp Mags But Going Back a Long Time
    "LADDERS OBSCURED BY CARP"

Elite (Bronze)

Remember reading about this place in magazines as a kid. Sounded awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LADDERS View Post
    I'm Not to sure But I think There was a Full Map of Rodney M in One of The Big Carp Mags But Going Back a Long Time
    Yep, long time ago, also go way back and look at old NASG/NASA magazines. Search Phil T...!

Site Regular

Fished here a few years ago and there are so many features its hard to choose we're to fish either go down wen ur not fishing find ur spots and write them down or use a bare lead and find some silt

Youngie, I fished it the last season before it was raped im pretty sure it was 89 ? I caught nelson from the factory door in early feb (solar red seed mix mac casimax flavour and a bent hook rig a sat morning I remember it well lol) like I said a great pit for me at the time

Site Regular

Still some really nice fish in here a lot of the old originals r gone but there are still a few left the lakes biggun is a proper old colne valley mirror and a nice looking fish at that it has got very busy in the last 3-4 years

Beginner Member

Guys, thanks so much for your help. Yer I’d heard something about a drain down/stocking of Harefield but had no idea when it was. Interested to see if anyone has photos of this?!

speak to Colin the bailiff I believe he has a map.

Beginner Member

Youngie did you managed to track down those old drain-down photos? Wouldn't mind having a cheeky look at those if pos

There is also a short video clip of the drain down on the rob maylin harfield haulin dvd
    Gets punished on a regular basis.

Just use the Nexus Dark!

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by robkirby View Post
    Nelson was my first thirty too, back in 87/88 from the Marsh casting over the bar just off the (out of bounds by then) Point. I recall from the drain down the bottom off the North Bank is like an upturned egg box.