Thread: Leaking Brolly

Default Leaking Brolly

My brolly is leaking, water is coming in around the bell cap area. What's the best way to treat this? Thanks....

Aquasure sealant.
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

should be able to unscrew the cap, clean, apply silicone, refit.

Yeah, cap is off and it's surprisingly messy under there!

Thanks chaps.

Hmm, not sure if I am going to be able to get hold of Aquasure quickly enough, do you reckon I could use windscreen sealant?

Frequent User

Just use a good quality clear bathroom sealant jobs a good un.. Worked for me with no issues, 2 years n still going strong...

Elite (Bronze)

Yes, give it a good clean under the bell cap, as suggested use a clear bathroom sealant, thats what i used on my Trakker big z brolly system back in the spring, touch wood, so far has cured the slight leak i had.

Also would be a good idea to apply a few coats of Gold Fabsil around the bell cap area material on top of brolly, thats what i also did, plus i applied tearaid which brought of Ebay, cut it into small sections & placed those around brolly material underneath brolly next to bell cap.