Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Carpworld

Site Regular

Default New Carpworld

Just received the new carp world in the post
    Are there any articles in there? So many adverts and a guide of how to cast!

Please come back Tim

With you on that mate
    It aint the size of your rod, its how you dangle it in the water !

Elite (Gold)

+2

Only got the subscription because it was 25 for 12 issues but once that finishes that's it

Hurry up and release sub surface Gaz

Elite (Gold)

Got to agree, i will give it a couple more months then its getting binned if it hasnt changed which will be a shame as its the only mag i now buy.

got a 12 month subscription for my birthday last year, last one came last month. I won't be renewing it. There must be a market for a bi-monthly or even quarterly mag that isn't full to the rafters with adverts. I appreciate that advertising keeps the production cost down, and in turn the cost to consumer, but when they influence articles and review results it's going too far. I'd happily pay 6 or maybe 8 every other month for a good, thick, high quality mag with interesting articles and stories from anglers both known and unknown.

Saying that, an article on how to cast wouldn't go a miss for me...

Elite (Bronze)

Honestly got a sub for Xmas I thought this month's was utter garbage nothing newbut there is even a bloody chod section..beggars belief,I haven't bought a mag for about 5 years and looking at that ****e i won't be...used to look forward to it but now it's just a flick through,be t month is the 25 th anniversary issue so a load of regurgitated crap again.
    The voodoo hodoo,what you dont dare do people..

Elite (Bronze) Lea Valley Carper's Avatar

Oh gawd........haven't opened mine yet. I thought last months was diabolical. I too bought the half price subscription.

I had a number of years away from carp fishing and when I got back into it a couple of years ago, I was shocked at how many carp mags there where and how
    crap they had become. Big Carp used to be good, it's now shockingly poor. Carpworld seemed the only one left worth buying, Bill Cottam is entertaining, Terry
    Dempsey's two part article, Mark Holmes etc. Then last month it plummeted. Sounds like this months is continuing downwards. Doesn't look like i'll be renewing
    my subscription.

Hopefully Gaz's subsurface will fill the gap.

Elite (Bronze)

Yep it's been poor recently and I doubt ill be renewing my subs

Has there been any news on subsurface lately?

i posted the same comment in the carpology thread. I also got the subscription at 25 and tbh, carpworld was always in my opinion heads above any other mag when paisley was fronting it up. Martin Ford almost destroyed it, Paisley came back and the magazine went back to its strengths. The new chap, pah. if it continues in the same style, i will not be renewing my subscription as it is becoming too advertorial based and i have to agree, almost 6 pages on how to cast inlcuding photographs on how to stand....come on! Very Poor.
    from the skool of hard knocks and the university of life

Elite (Gold)

Like others, I took out the half price subscription this year.....and even thats been a waste of money. Last months was worthy of a flick through and straight in the bin, this months looks worse.

Any articles on Linear/Stoneacres/Christchurch/The Mangrove or birch/Welly/Manor/Frimley/ or Rainbow this month before i go out and buy.....Think that covers the waters..

Any articles relating to zigs/chods/floater fishing .......Think that covers the seasonal rigs...

Let me know.

Ta.

Regards Tad.

Elite (Bronze)

Yep and yep!!!

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
    Any articles on Linear/Stoneacres/Christchurch/The Mangrove or birch/Welly/Manor/Frimley/ or Rainbow this month before i go out and buy.....Think that covers the waters..

Any articles relating to zigs/chods/floater fishing .......Think that covers the seasonal rigs...

Let me know.

Ta.

Regards Tad.
    Are you a mind reader??? Thats all ther ever is in there the only articles i usually enjoy are lanes and forwards,its that bad i even read the international carper!!M
    The voodoo hodoo,what you dont dare do people..

All the mags seem to have gone downhill recently....

Bought BC and Carpworld for last 15+ odd years and have every one still in what is a rather large and heavy worthless collection!

Carpworld used to have 2 or 3 decent articles but last 6 months have been worse, advertorials, and just boring uninspired articles or faces pushing product....nothing in this month even made me read it, and last 2 months where the same, quick flick as it comes through post and then ive lost interest and its lucky if I pick it up again.

BC still has a few good articles and series but its a bit hit and miss and defiantly padded out with big pic s and catch reports more than previously.

At least paisley never used to blatantly have himself plastered all over the place on the product reviews testing ever bit of gear ........ And no doubt getting free gear like Steve Broad
    It aint the size of your rod, its how you dangle it in the water !

Quote Originally Posted by pottsville View Post
    At least paisley never used to blatantly have himself plastered all over the place on the product reviews testing ever bit of gear ........ And no doubt getting free gear like Steve Broad
    commonly referred to as whoring yourself out I believe?

Only used to read it for Cottams bit, GlobeTrotters articles and Jake Langley-Hobbs bits were the only ones worth a read!
    He who betrays, shall forever walk alone.

Frequent User

Agree with the above. The half price subscription is beginning to look a bit dear! The constant promotion of items is getting ridiculous, the articles repetitive. In last months issue there was a write up on a new landing net support thingy. Think boat rod rest with bankstick threads. I've yet to see a more a cumbersome solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Read the review however & you'd think it as vital as your rods. All a bit of a shame really. The demise of the last credible read.

Elite (Gold)

Quote Originally Posted by carpybee View Post
    Agree with the above. The half price subscription is beginning to look a bit dear! The constant promotion of items is getting ridiculous, the articles repetitive. In last months issue there was a write up on a new landing net support thingy. Think boat rod rest with bankstick threads. I've yet to see a more a cumbersome solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Read the review however & you'd think it as vital as your rods. All a bit of a shame really. The demise of the last credible read.
    That'll be the wychwood net station. A truly epic waste of money if ever I saw one!!

They think we only want to read about 1000+ waters,welly and grenville and ones we can't fish I.e nashys,we all know really good anglers who would embarrass most 'names' ,they're the people I'd rather they tried to persuade to wright,nobody cares about Paul forwards diary,he's caught f### all anyway and ting tongs chord rig is old news