Instagram
Facebook
  • Don't forget #carpin'on show at the weekend.
    Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelleys new book - Carping Recut

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by wrongrod View Post
      You only joined this year.
      another reason not to visit soooo many pedantic smart arses, couldn't remember my details from cemex so rejoined, have been on here since rmc days and watched the painfull slow demise !!

I spoke to a couple of lad's who have been fishing a water with Jim recently they both have said he's a sound enough lad and they both said he never stops "looking" for fish spending hours doing lap's of the lake even throughout the night hunting them down he is a very dedicated angler and he put's tremendous energy into his fishing , yes he uses a lot of bait !! now if I was fishing the same lake as Jim i'd get on the same bait as Jim and let him bait up for me !!!
      fourcountiestreecare.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
      another reason not to visit soooo many pedantic smart arses, couldn't remember my details from cemex so rejoined, have been on here since rmc days and watched the painfull slow demise !!
      The face of modern carp fishing I'm afraid
      Angling Trust Number 55370

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by wrongrod View Post
      The face of modern carp fishing I'm afraid
      Sadly thats too true.
      Good is fine, great is better

he never stops "looking" for fish spending hours doing lap's of the lake/QUOTE]

Why is he so fat then?

Wow! Run out of things to say its now turned to playground name calling

No, just wondered. Are you big jim in disguise? Last time there was a post about him loads of little jim clones came out of the woodwork. I wonder how many will pop out this time.

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by carp777 View Post
      I spoke to a couple of lad's who have been fishing a water with Jim recently they both have said he's a sound enough lad and they both said he never stops "looking" for fish spending hours doing lap's of the lake even throughout the night hunting them down he is a very dedicated angler and he put's tremendous energy into his fishing , yes he uses a lot of bait !! now if I was fishing the same lake as Jim i'd get on the same bait as Jim and let him bait up for me !!!
      I'd be setting man traps.

Quote Originally Posted by j-d View Post
      Wow! Run out of things to say its now turned to playground name calling
      That i can understand,the hero worship... is just plain weird
      Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away

HW100T .177 Hawke Airmax 8-32X50

Site Regular

How many of those 40's were 40's though? I know at least a couple that were alledgedly 37-38 2-3 weeks before Shelley caught them and about the same a month afterwards as well! It's just rubbish. What about netting that upper 40 in a ditch then claiming he caught it on a floater when the lake was in full flood ? Come on! Then saying he didn't recognise it, despite he had photo'd it for another angler not that long before from the other pit! Then refusing to put it back despite the syndicate asking? How did those swavesy fish get in fen? How many fish have been poached out the nature reserve's? How many fish used to be fen, now how many? Flooding? Funny how all ditches lead to Fen Drayton?
      No green eyes, just ffs how many people, lakes, companies does this bloke have to turn over before some of you open ya eyes. Nothing more than bum lickers some of you. Why people sponsor this bloke is unreal!

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by brey View Post
      How many of those 40's were 40's though? I know at least a couple that were 37-38 2-3 weeks before Shelley caught them and about the same a month afterwards as well! It's just rubbish. What about netting that upper 40 in a ditch then claiming he caught it on a floater when the lake was in full flood ! Come on! Then saying he didn't recognise it, despite he had photo'd it for another angler not that long before from the other pit! Then refusing to put it back despite the syndicate asking? How did those swavesy fish get in fen? How many fish have been poached out the nature reserve's? How many fish used to be fen, now how many? Flooding? Funny how all ditches lead to Fen Drayton!
      No green eyes, just ffs how many people, lakes, companies does this bloke have to turn over before some of you open ya eyes. Nothing more than bum lickers some of you. Why people sponsor this bloke is unreal!
      The world is full of mugs brey. Wannabee's always need a hero.

Mary ..2tone...black mirror..
      Not many have had these on there own let alone all 3. Give the man some credit for ****s sake.
      Be seeing you.

Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

6 pages of this! It's better than the book!

Never met the guy so cant comment on his personality but his first book was, for want of a better word...turd!!!

But...i have myself in the past fished lakes im not supposed to, baited up with banned baits, used a boat at night when not allowed, fished out of bounds, fished snide rods, waded when not allowed, etc, etc.

Does that make me a horrible person?

I dont really care if you say yes cos im not and im pretty sure Jim Shelley couldnt give a rats arse either!

I will add i havent done any of the above for a good few years as i really dont want to lose the tickets i have now.

Site Regular

No john your a good bloke lol , how are you bud all good ?

we know what we are...we know what we are...we're THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE...we know what we are !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MainMan View Post
      Mary ..2tone...black mirror..
      Not many have had these on there own let alone all 3. Give the man some credit for ****s sake.
      And here we have one post that sums it all up. Why should we 'give him credit'?

It's fishing, something most of us do for a hobby. A fat sweaty bald bloke has caught more than most off the back off being able to fish when he likes with endless tickets and bait. Wow, awesome.

Get some perspective.
      Spod the granny out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Crab View Post
      And here we have one post that sums it all up. Why should we 'give him credit'?

It's fishing, something most of us do for a hobby. A fat sweaty bald bloke has caught more than most off the back off being able to fish when he likes with endless tickets and bait. Wow, awesome.

Get some perspective.
      Grow up and crawl back under some rock

talk about the book or keep quiet like Hippy

People have fished for years in pursuit of these fish....and failed. Full timers as well. Im afraid it is you that should get some perspective. Whatever he has done to offend the masses on here you cannot deny he has an uncanny knack of catching big fish. I once thought as you did....but then I see the light.
      Concentrate on your own fishing and stop moaning about others. Lifes to short.
      Be seeing you.

Elite (Gold)

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Talking Matt View Post
      he never stops "looking" for fish spending hours doing lap's of the lake/QUOTE]

Why is he so fat then?
      :-)