Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: fas

Wicked lake the nursery, your lucky to be on there
    It aint the size of your rod, its how you dangle it in the water !

Site Connoisseur

its been out twice in a week + a cat 47ish i heard just done a night on south got there 6 am got a swim lol gardens gate my 1st yateley trip found a few clear spots in the weed lol yeh its on its way lost 1 think 3 fish came out very busy wen i left someone jumped into my swim b4 i packed up lol

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by pottsville View Post
    Wicked lake the nursery, your lucky to be on there
    Yep it's a challenge

Site Connoisseur

bet they are queing up 4 the long weekend down there already much been out anyone know nice weather wen do they spawn there

I went down for a walk around the lakes last night and it was rammed. The South Lake car park was full, you could barley park your car anywhere and virtually every swim had a bivvy in it. The Match lake was also extremely busy, as was the Copse. The Nursery had three anglers on it.

I really wanted to reserve judgement on the FAS take over until I had seen things for myself. I have seen it all in the last few weeks. I fish mid week usually Weds or Thurs night. South lake has been rammed every time. Though in general people seem to be polite and I have still managed to get a couple out. But the days of fishing it in peace and quiet are gone. I even fished pumphouse over night this week on Weds because everywhere else was rammed. Although it was quiet I still witnessed two guys using bait boats on pumphouse !!! while fishing from one side of the lake they used the bait boat to take there rigs to the other side (going very close to my centrally placed rig at the time). They could simply have used one of the swims on the other side of the lake !!. But the one action that really has put me off considerably is last week. I wanted to fish the Nursery but the two swims I had wanted were gone. I then looked at the match and found the far copse corner free of anglers. I set up feeling v confident i could ambush a fish going in or coming out of the snags. Then two guys dropped in to my right and set up. Which is fair as the swims were free. But then at 9.30 at night some bloke starts hoofing hundreds of boilies into the margins close to the left of me. I hear him and ask him if he's fishing. He replies "no i just had some old bait to get rid of" I told him it was out of order but I simply cannot believe what I've seen. He didn't think to ask or if what he was doing was fair to other anglers.

Site Connoisseur

just recieved my fas newsletter southlake pumphouse closed in a couple of weeks time for 5 days to carry out substantial works gulp goodbye trees at least the carp will have a few days peaceful swimming without lines in the water

I thought you were going to say someone set up opposite and cast over towards your margin! Thats the sort of thing I have experienced before!

Site Connoisseur

lol did have a bloke on south lake he was fishing the boss swim he thought he could fish the carpark swim with his boat going right inbetween the islands with his boat good luck if he hooks 1 i thought

Hate to say it but !!!!!
    52% er !!

"During times of Universal deceit, telling the Truth becomes a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

I ...... Told ..........you..........so..........

Sadly
    It aint the size of your rod, its how you dangle it in the water !

Rubbish now appearing as we'll as some dead fish floating on the summer pit....
    STAYING UP

Site Regular

There is a new rule in the permit this year saying and I quote "On all FAS waters, excluding single bank fishing, you may only fish halfway across from the swim" so you could shop them if you like.

I know it's more the fact that you have to put up with these numpties etc but a famous complex with large fish and sub 100 for the year it is always going to be busy, time will tell if it stays that way and if it does it wouldn't surprise me to see a booking system introduced which I think work well and limit the pressure whilst always allowing the early rising angler a spot for a day session.

Site Connoisseur

very good idea like tarn/frensham 48hr limit bring it on i say as for halfway with boat i mentioned it to a bailiff he went that way after our chat but matey boy continued with his antics so that didnt work if the bailiff did say anything as he didnt seem bothered really

They've had a half way rule for years hav'nt you seen they're ridiculous grids in the news letters
    As for it getting any quiter very doubtful
    The lunatics have taken over the asylum
    52% er !!

"During times of Universal deceit, telling the Truth becomes a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by armsandlegs View Post
    just recieved my fas newsletter southlake pumphouse closed in a couple of weeks time for 5 days to carry out substantial works gulp goodbye trees at least the carp will have a few days peaceful swimming without lines in the water
    It's work on the paths and the car park me old fruit
    The first rule of Baitboat Club is you don't talk about Baitboat Club!!!

Pretty simples really, if you don't like it don't fish it or join a syndicate.

I joined FAS this year and wouldn't go anywhere near Yateley until it settles down or better still fish the winter. It was always going to be mayhem at the start of this season. You still have Cemex members and FAS members at present and its only 100 for the year. So not sure what people were expecting as you can Fish any of the well known day ticket fisheries and all the behaviour mentioned in this thread is prevalent everywhere go + you will pay a lot more for the privilege as well.

Changing times unfortunately.

The only CEMEX anglers are the Gold carders! The other 3,750 are FAS!

I went to the circus but it had turned into Yateley East
    Rake it. Bait it. Create it.

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly1 View Post
    The only CEMEX anglers are the Gold carders! The other 3,750 are FAS!
    Christ!! Didn't think there was that many down yateley!!