Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: fas

Mulllet to be honest no, and maybe that was a plan I missed out on, that said I did not make it to the bank much at all last season!

Must admit, I had a little go on the Horseshoe the spring before the night rules came in - had a few, with all the bites between 4am and 7an

Yes I had a few truly great nights down there with my kids, probably June and July. The runs started when it got properly dark and continued until no one wanted to get up for them. We recast around 5:00am and NOTHING until a few Tench kicked in around 10:00AM

Site Connoisseur

got to the gates 10.30 this morning walked around southlake rammed same as match drove off things to come i guess people doing week long sessions lol ive heard fas are going to cap that soon tho 48 hr limit any truth in that i dunno spoke to 1 bloke whon is a goldcard holder couldnt believe it he was paying something like 1600 a year now 86.00 he couldnt believe how busy it was never seen it b4 he said in 15 years.he said he will not be joining again 1 less i guess fas must have over 4000 members surely they need to cap it wot if everyone went fishing the same day is there over 4000 swims i joined this yr for the 1st time in 5 years and regret doing so already do they do refunds .

Quote Originally Posted by armsandlegs View Post
    got to the gates 10.30 this morning walked around southlake rammed same as match drove off things to come i guess people doing week long sessions lol ive heard fas are going to cap that soon tho 48 hr limit any truth in that i dunno spoke to 1 bloke whon is a goldcard holder couldnt believe it he was paying something like 1600 a year now 86.00 he couldnt believe how busy it was never seen it b4 he said in 15 years.he said he will not be joining again 1 less i guess fas must have over 4000 members surely they need to cap it wot if everyone went fishing the same day is there over 4000 swims i joined this yr for the 1st time in 5 years and regret doing so already do they do refunds .
    FAS baught it everybody has a right to fish it (cemex is gone) their water and rules ,why should it be capped ,I pay same as the rest

Site Connoisseur

4000+ members not enough 4u goody

4000+ members not enough 4u goody
    I know were you are coming from but what was the alternative a tesco store built there,sure it will calm down, has a novelty value at the moment,plus its the first warm weather !!

Site Regular

Also I got my FAS ticket on the last Saturday in March to just beat the late fee and i'm in the low 1400's on the permit number.

Definite massive novelty value at present and yes I believe after time, like at other venues, they will, at least at some of the Yateley lakes, bring in a night booking system that limits the long stayers.

There is always and balance with fees versus numbers and like the Gold card member did originally you often have to pay a lot for good and relatively exclusive fishing.

Site Connoisseur

dont think the number on ticket means that i was a bailiff a few years back and kept my same number for a few yrs

The society categorically does not have 4, 000 members. Since they just acquired a complex of very good waters and the fact that the weather has been shocking recently, the new waters will of course be busy. Although to be honest I count far less anglers on the bank than cars in the car parks.

Some nice fish coming out from a number of venues so it looks like they are awakening from their slumber.

Site Regular

dont think the number on ticket means that i was a bailiff a few years back and kept my same number for a few yrs
    well mine was 31xx for the 2012/13 season (when I did get it late) so as far as I can see if you visit The Creel at least, they just pick the next permit out of the box...

Site Connoisseur

what will be will be just comment on how busy it was lol and people start throwing there toys out of the pram

Drove past south lake today, looked more than a little busy.
    Simply Complicated...

Frequent User

they both were busy match lake no car parking spaces left.

Site Connoisseur

them fish must be wondering wot the hell is going on all those lines they must be tripping over them lol anything coming out anyone know

Well with 3,800+ members last year --- how many in 2013? Crowded is not the word!!

them fish must be wondering wot the hell is going on all those lines they must be tripping over them lol anything coming out anyone know
    Very,very busy...lots of people walking around as well,never thought i would see someone fishing the match lake with a pole ??? oh well,as for fish out there are a few coming out..news has it that a 30lb fish came out the copse and kiss scale has been out of the match at 41lb.

It was busy but managed to drop into my fav swim and bag a 26lb mirror...
    STAYING UP

Is that the first 40lb fish from The Match Lake?
    Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange that meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by roamingrich View Post
    Is that the first 40lb fish from The Match Lake?
    No
    STAYING UP

Frequent User

I have had to resign myself to the nursery the Match is so packed