Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tonights evening standard - Pit 4

Frequent User

Default tonights evening standard - Pit 4

A local authority seeking millions in budget cuts has come under fire for spending 15,000 on filling a lake with fish for anglers.

Hillingdon council is to restock Pit 4 lake in Harefield with carp while trying to find 26.2 million in savings without harming frontline services.

Conservative council leader Ray Puddifoot, a keen angler and occasional user of the lake, has had to defend himself from claims of self-interest in approving the investment.

Site Connoisseur

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by mallet View Post
    A local authority seeking millions in budget cuts has come under fire for spending 15,000 on filling a lake with fish for anglers.

Hillingdon council is to restock Pit 4 lake in Harefield with carp while trying to find 26.2 million in savings without harming frontline services.

Conservative council leader Ray Puddifoot, a keen angler and occasional user of the lake, has had to defend himself from claims of self-interest in approving the investment.

IF THERE,S NO CARP IN HEAVEN I AINT GOING!!!

It's 15k hardly a large amount, ok it could be spent on other things but if it helps keep kids of the streets etc then it could be worth it. Unfortunately we never get all the facts and reasons why.

That makes a refreshing change. If the money didnt go on the fish then it would have only gone on a crafty second home for a politicians relative.

**** em!

the fact is the guy is a bell end, and it won't matter how many he puts in he still won't catch one

i can see pit 3, the golf course, boot lake and many others getting a free stocking from this
    Death to all Glory Hunting southern maggots

Anyway, My Legs........................................

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by wates View Post
    the fact is the guy is a bell end, and it won't matter how many he puts in he still won't catch one

i can see pit 3, the golf course, boot lake and many others getting a free stocking from this
    dont know the fella but have heard lots of rumours

Elite (Bronze)

Tut tut illegal fish movement in this day and age

Why would pit 4 need restocking anyway? Hasnt it got a good enough stock?

Elite (Gold)

So just to get this right the chap can't catch a fish so he is using public money to buy more to make it easier for him?
    If it's not 150 yards it's not MUNGA

Site Regular

It's hardly public money lads.
    The place hasn't had a stocking since the simmos, at 300+ a year and 30 odd members it's the lads paying for the tickets who are paying for the fish.

It was all in the budget and the lads on the water have been fighting it for a while. It is a breath of fresh air and will take p4 on to be one of the best waters in the country once the new stock grows.
    (this is a stocking plan and not just 15,000 being thrown in at once)

If anyone wants any simmos, they are welcome to them

PS: Puddifoots a ****er and has only ever been on the pit once, he didn't catch anything and hasn't been back

(this info is from a ticket holder aswell, a good mate of mine who i have just been on the phone to after reading that it's in the paper)

the money for this stocking has been earmarked for some time now , not a huge stock at the mo , not sure what you meen by that wates
    celery celery

Besides the fish will only get caught and eaten, just another way of getting more benefits to the illegal anglers.

its a case of stock it or it dies,the existing fish are knocking on a bit now,the money was ear marked and set aside some time ago,you have to speculate to accumilate as they say.As for Wates he ain't gonna catch on that fluoro he just chucked out.Pudifoot does not fish it so its not being stocked just for his pleasure.

ha, you just wait and see.........................................

Probably the lead newsworthy story I've read for a long time. 15k out of a 50m sports budget. Mo kursheed, labour opposition councillor said "it's unbelievable". Er, it's not really is it? Wally Kennedy, a local who has more time on his hands than is healthy, says the Hillingdon Music Service, for which funding has been withdrawn, is more valuable to the community. That's surely a subjective statement?
    Caught by the river dot net

Quote Originally Posted by ripper View Post
    ? Wally Kennedy, a local who has more time on his hands than is healthy, says the Hillingdon Music Service, for which funding has been withdrawn, is more valuable to the community. That's surely a subjective statement?
    750,000 apparently!

could not be more poetic after the hatchet job done on the membership so he could have his ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker View Post
    the money for this stocking has been earmarked for some time now , not a huge stock at the mo , not sure what you meen by that wates
    theres more than enough fish in there at the moment, plus those pig ugly simmo's

Quote Originally Posted by baldycoot View Post
    could not be more poetic after the hatchet job done on the membership so he could have his ticket!
    aye, well said, i had the hatchet wielded on me, pay more than the locals indeed

and after he slashed the out of borough membership the locals didn't take up all the spare places, too hard for them probably

Platinum

the locals didn't take up all the spare places, too hard for them probably

lol