Thread: Farnham AC Question - Match and South Lakes

Default Farnham AC Question - Match and South Lakes

Hi all,

General advice appreciated here...

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I'm contemplating a Farnham ticket as a 'extra' option; with my thinking being the occasional visit to Match and South Lake.

I appreciate Farnham is a popular club - for good reason! Are the swims, Match lake especially, rotated by guys with too much time on their hands, or is the fishing accessible for all - as the club aspires. I'm guessing South is considerably easier than Match - but looking at the stock, I'm 'guessing' Match can produce the occasional multiple captures? Any genuine/helpful advice really appreciated?

The only other Yateley water I have fished before is Sandhurst. At best I might use the ticket half a dozen times over the course of the year, as I have a number of other options and sadly not enough time to fish them all!

thanks!

Frequent User

I don't know about rotating swims ,but they are both very busy especially during the summer ,weekdays are easier to get a swim you like , with lots of people coming and going it can be a lottery.

Their are a few swims on both lakes which seem not to be favoured ,but can produce well.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

I've had a ticket this season for the first time and when I've wanted too I've been able to get on match and south but I was more interested in Nursery.

Admittedly these were during spring and early summer before I went exploring the other clubs waters so couldn't really say about other times of the year. Funnily enough though since I've done a little tour of the clubs other waters, I've found myself drawn away from Yateley in preference of them.

I have a Farnham ticket as a backup as I have done for several years. I have turned up to South and done laps many times but just can't be bothered with squeezing in between people. I guess because it is a less difficult water it's very popular. Match being bigger often has swims free.

Thanks guys!

Elite (Bronze)

What about nowadays please as I am considering a ticket. Are they crazily busy or is a swim on the cards at 1400 on a Friday afternoon ?
    Albino- Can"t say fairer than that...............