Thread: St Katherines Dock

Frequent User

Default St Katherines Dock

Hi all.... I can recall reading on here some time back about carp being present in St Katherines dock, I have just started working at St Katherines and can see the docks from my window.... I have been going down for the odd fag or three and have noticed a cormorant catching some massive roach, I think i see what looked like a very good carp aswell although water clarity isnt that great and I cant be sure?

Anyone else recall reading the stuff about St Katherines on here? Anyone else know anything about St Katherines? Im guessing im gonna have to make friends with a boat owner in order to be able to fish? Either that or wait until it gets dark?
    Is Jeames a Simmo???

Was featured on Tight Lines about a week ago mate.

Frequent User

Really??? I mustve missed that!

Was anything mentioned about the carp?
    Is Jeames a Simmo???

Messrs Hamidi and Fairbrass were there, carping (blanking) in a snowstorm. Supposed to be plenty in there, some guy had three on the pole in an earlier feature. Don't know anything about access though ?

True claret and blue.
    Does not play well with others.
    CB.

I worked there once from Spring to late summer one year, about 2004 I think.

The dock furthest from the lock and closest to Waitrose often had them in sitting in the top layers of the water. In spring they would always be around a couple of large white perspex yachts / boats in a sun trap. As Waitrose is on your back, go through the walkway and they were on your right by the boats.

I guess the whiteness reflected the sun off them making the water a bit warmer, looks deep and cold so no surprise they were there.

Used to throw the end of sarnies to them but they werent interested.

Only used to see commons, real old looking things. Biggest mid twenty, but most were doubles. Not hundreds, just a dozen or so.

In the summer (after May) I could never see them by the boats and and only saw one again until October when I left. I guess the water had warmed up and they were moving around a bit more. Never saw them head and shoulder / lump out mind.

In fact, I remeber a group of office girls sitting there once taking pictures on their phones of the St Kat Dock 'Monsters' (their words)....

Site Regular

Fishing is not allowed in the docks and believe that includes from boats. Bob Nudd did a program from there a few years back had loads of silver fish, I have seen carp in there nothing massive and dont forget it is over 15 feet deep

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN View Post
    dont forget it is over 15 feet deep
    And..?

Come on Toddy...you must know you have to make allowances on your cast with that depth....tut tut bloody noddies
    One Eye on the lake, the other's dead!

I start a new job in the new year and guess where, St Cat's

Watch this space!
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner