Thread: 4-6m whip for silverfish

Default 4-6m whip for silverfish

With the advent of short carp poles, am struggling to find a decent quality 4/5/6m silverfish whip (flick tip) for less than 80 or so. Ideally want a light and quality carbon one, rather than one of the cheap ones off ebay.

Anyone got any ideas? Cheers.

Platinum
    Where ever I lay my traps, that\'s my home.

Colmic.

Think I paid 25 for my 4m whip.

Look for a shop that has a lot of match angling clientele.

Frequent User

check out the sensas whips.you can get a 4m for about 30 ,pretty good quality.or the garbolino ones are also pretty good.

Elite (Gold)

I would also look at Trabucco, Milo, in fact any that have their base in Europe, Italy would be best as they will use those type of whips.
    For 80, you may even be able to get 2 in different lengths

Have a look round and see if you can pick up a DAM "tele classic cf stipp". Now discontinued i believe - great value, I picked 1 up, 5m carbon for 25 if i remember correctly.

It really is a pleasure to use - might get it out again as my freezer's running low
    Get on the Pink Perils!

Really struggled to find any decent quality 4/5m whips anywhere new - and I hunted around a fair bit.

Took a couple of weeks, but ended up picking up a lovely pair (3.5m and 4.5m) of used browning speedstick's off ebay, separate purchases, and am glad I did as they are spot on, and I still paid less than 60 all-in.

Cheers.

i used a whip earlier in the season.forgot how much fun they were,why do we complicate really simple things sometimes?
    24 hour R.C.D resetting sevice
    want electrical advice? pm me
    Exiles Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by trackday View Post
    i used a whip earlier in the season.forgot how much fun they were,why do we complicate really simple things sometimes?
    In these days of having to prep for about a week for a simple short session, carting umpteen barrow loads of gear to a swim, prep'ing bait for days beforehand - there is a lot to be said for a simple box of maggots and a short whip for small species , down your local stream/cut/pond.

agreed mate.
    my fishing has had a massive workover in the last five years.i have my littleun to thank for that as ive been teaching him.no longer do i spend weekends with 3 carp rods out.usually now stick 2 out plus a float/feeder for bits.keeps the interest going.always bowling down the river too.any fishing is fun as long as you use the right gear.i find the big draw with coarse fishing is
    cobbling stuff together out of the few bits i bring, to overcome a given situation.love my fishing more than ever
    24 hour R.C.D resetting sevice
    want electrical advice? pm me
    Exiles Administrator.