Instagram
Facebook
  • #carp bite filmed on Drone and GoPro: http://youtu.be/3t_yJAfTU2E
    Results 1 to 17 of 17

    Thread: Help needed fox LXR's

    1. #1
      Elite (Silver) S1 4 FFC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      ADDLESTONE
      Posts
      3,151

      Default Help needed fox LXR's

      Hi all my 1st message on here so be gentle ....
      I recently bought some 2nd hand Micron LXR's.
      I've used them several times and they are superb but i'm looking for a copy of the operating instructions. I've looked online and can't find any to down load...
      So if anyone has a set of instructions they don't need or could somehow e-mail me a copy or if you know a site where i can download them from that would be superb... regards Steve


      I'm Of course happy to pay any costs ....
      Last edited by S1 4 FFC; 05-11-2009 at 08:27.

    2. #2
      Site Regular Mattyhairball's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Brumigham west midlands
      Posts
      324

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by S1 4 FFC View Post
      Hi all my 1st message on here so be gentle ....
      I recently bought some 2nd hand Micron LXR's.
      I've used them several times and they are superb but i'm looking for a copy of the operating instructions. I've looked online and can't find any to down load...
      So if anyone has a set of instructions they don't need or could somehow e-mail me a copy or if you know a site where i can download them from that would be superb... regards Steve
      HI there i've just bought some second hand ones too so if you find the info you require feel free to forward it on thanks Matt also one of the alarms is workin but for some reason when the led indicater lights up it stops on longer than the others around 2/3 mins where as the others flash and then go off after maybe 30 seconds any suggestions????

    3. #3
      Elite (Bronze)
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Crawley
      Posts
      1,510

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhairball View Post
      HI there i've just bought some second hand ones too so if you find the info you require feel free to forward it on thanks Matt also one of the alarms is workin but for some reason when the led indicater lights up it stops on longer than the others around 2/3 mins where as the others flash and then go off after maybe 30 seconds any suggestions????
      If it stays on that long its got a fault im afraid. The timings of the latching led are set electronically by the components on the pcb and are not adjustable by the user. It probably has a faulty capacitor.Darren at Specialist tackle at Romford MAY be able to repair it but the pcbs are covered in resin making repairs very difficult. By all means try a new battery first but it is unlikely that a low battery is causing the fault you describe. Good luck.

    4. #4
      Elite (Silver) S1 4 FFC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      ADDLESTONE
      Posts
      3,151

      Default

      I'll happily forward any instructions Matty ...fingers crossed.

    5. #5
      Elite (Silver) S1 4 FFC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      ADDLESTONE
      Posts
      3,151

      Default

      I'm begining to wonder if they even come with instructions .... ANYONE !!!!!!
      Just when you thought it couldn't get worse !!

    6. #6
      Frequent User adiemeaden's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      High wycombe
      Posts
      234

      Default

      have you tried ringing fox they may be able to help you out.

    7. #7
      Elite (Bronze) QTpie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      S.Wales
      Posts
      1,829

      Default

      I tried Fox when i had a set they didn't have any info regarding the LXR's

    8. #8
      Elite (Silver) S1 4 FFC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      ADDLESTONE
      Posts
      3,151

      Default

      Cheers mate ... hopefully something will turn up.
      Just when you thought it couldn't get worse !!

    9. #9
      Elite (Bronze) Lee S's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Some call it Essex, i call it little India...
      Posts
      1,946

      Default

      what kind of instructions are you looking for exactly?

      TBH chuck out, put rod on buzzer, turn on with switch, sit back and await noise!

    10. #10
      Elite (Silver) S1 4 FFC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      ADDLESTONE
      Posts
      3,151

      Default

      cheers Lee ...
      maybe you could give me your guide to meeting women as well...
      Just when you thought it couldn't get worse !!

    11. #11
      Elite (Bronze) Lee S's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Some call it Essex, i call it little India...
      Posts
      1,946

      Default

      Ok, my idiots guide to Lxr's part 1

      (firstly before anybody asks, the mark on the speaker was made by a mad woman with a knife not me!)



      Starting clockwise from the On / Off switch :

      L.E.D - these come in 4 different colours Red, Green, Yellow, Blue. Latches solid on forward motion of the wheel (i.e. a take) then flashes latched for 20 seconds after the last beep occurs. In the event of a drop-back the L.E.D will flash latched for 20 seconds and the tone of the buzzer will be in a lower octave.

      V - is for Volume Control, quietest at the 12 o'clock position through to it's loudest output setting at the 10 o'clock position.

      T - is for Tone control, lowest octave at the 12 o'clock position through to it's highest octave output at the 10 o'clock position.

      S (1) - is for Sensitivity Control, this adjust's how sensitive the alarm is in relation to how much the roller has rotated. It has 5 setting postions, at it's most sensitive (12 o'clock or position 1) it will sound the alarm once for every 10mm of line movement. At it's least sensitive (6 o'clock or position 5) it will sound the alarm once for approximately every 60mm of line movement. So each "click" round from position 1 adds roughly 10mm of line movement needed in order to make the buzzer sound.

      S (2) - is for Sensitivity Control, this adjust's how sensitive the alarm is to line vibration. The 12 o'clock position is it's least sensitive, round to the 10 o'clock position being it's most sensitive.

      So basically, if you have S (1) at 12 c'clock & S (2) at 10 o'clock and a Carp farts near your rig 100 meters away you'll know about it. I tend not to bother with the S (2) vibration setting too much as i find it pretty annoying esepcially if it's windy.

      I hope this is of some help to you, if i've missed anything out i apologise!



      Quote Originally Posted by S1 4 FFC View Post
      cheers Lee ...
      maybe you could give me your guide to meeting women as well...
      This guide i fear could take a tad longer....

      Lee.

    12. #12
      Site Regular Mattyhairball's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Brumigham west midlands
      Posts
      324

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by tenchhauler View Post
      If it stays on that long its got a fault im afraid. The timings of the latching led are set electronically by the components on the pcb and are not adjustable by the user. It probably has a faulty capacitor.Darren at Specialist tackle at Romford MAY be able to repair it but the pcbs are covered in resin making repairs very difficult. By all means try a new battery first but it is unlikely that a low battery is causing the fault you describe. Good luck.
      cheers for the info mate, as it happened was stoppin in Romford next day so took my alarms in and spoke to Darren and he's confirmed the fault and they're in for repair!! so nice one

    13. #13
      Elite (Gold)
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      on the bank
      Posts
      4,102

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by S1 4 FFC View Post
      cheers Lee ...
      maybe you could give me your guide to meeting women as well...
      well the turn on sit back and await noise are the same instrnctions

    14. #14
      Elite (Silver) S1 4 FFC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      ADDLESTONE
      Posts
      3,151

      Default

      Cheers lee ...it was the 2nd S that was confusing me ... so its a vibration sensitive switch thats why leaves hitting the line are driving me mad ... thats now switched to off....
      You did forget to mention give the 1st sensitivity button a rotation over half way and it gives a different tone for drop backs .... seriously thought a big thanks ...
      Last edited by S1 4 FFC; 06-11-2009 at 19:09.
      Just when you thought it couldn't get worse !!

    15. #15
      Site Regular Mattyhairball's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Brumigham west midlands
      Posts
      324

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by gary224 View Post
      well the turn on sit back and await noise are the same instrnctions
      nice one LMAO

    16. #16
      Elite (Bronze) Lee S's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Some call it Essex, i call it little India...
      Posts
      1,946

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by S1 4 FFC View Post
      You did forget to mention give the 1st sensitivity button a rotation over half way and it gives a different tone for drop backs .... seriously thought a big thanks ...
      What, this bit you mean

      Quote Originally Posted by Lee S View Post

      In the event of a drop-back the L.E.D will flash latched for 20 seconds and the tone of the buzzer will be in a lower octave.
      No probs fella, good luck with them!

    17. #17
      Elite (Silver) S1 4 FFC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      ADDLESTONE
      Posts
      3,151

      Default

      Just back from a short session on a local water ... i may re set the vibration swith to "on" as the things didn't bleep once today... I nearly fell asleep.
      Just when you thought it couldn't get worse !!

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Designed and Developed By: Advanced Web Designs | www.awdltd.co.uk