Thread: Drennan drx float rod

Elite (Bronze)

Default Drennan drx float rod

Anybody used the above rod? any reviews? i'm looking for a rod that will be suitable for general float fishing, from fishing up in the water for Rudd, to float fishing for Crucians and Tench. I've seen Martin Bowler uses the rod on the CTI dvd, and it looks to be a nice tip actioned rod suitable for hitting bites further out.

Cheers

John
    LINCS YELLOWBELLY

Platinum
    Where ever I lay my traps, that\'s my home.

Cracking rod, I have the 15ft version, mainly for trotting. It will comfortably fish the stick, avon or waggler using lines from 2-5lb and hook lengths down to 1.1lb. Not the rod I would choose for large tench in weedy water, but it will cope with fish in the 3-7lb bracket in more open swims, but I have had landed carp to just over 15lb using it.

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_the_Bailiff View Post
    Cracking rod, I have the 15ft version, mainly for trotting. It will comfortably fish the stick, avon or waggler using lines from 2-5lb and hook lengths down to 1.1lb. Not the rod I would choose for large tench in weedy water, but it will cope with fish in the 3-7lb bracket in more open swims, but I have had landed carp to just over 15lb using it.
    Cheers paul, it was the 13ft one i was looking at, mainly for general float fishing and catching tench, round here they don't grow THAT big!
    LINCS YELLOWBELLY