PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Method Mix?

Tuttifrutti
09-09-2007, 10:37
Anyone tried it. I want to make a batch up and just take a bag out in the morning for fishing later without having to mess with all the ingredients again when time is of the essence etc etc....

Anyone tried it?
Any advantages?
Any disadvantages?

Thanks

Ian

beadey
09-09-2007, 11:26
IF you just want to freeze the method mix no problems with some mixes it improves the binding. If you intend to roll in to balls then freeze be warned some mixes will float when frozen,no prob with vitalin though. Also you will find some particals will de-hydrate and float hemp being the worse for this,hope this helps.

Tuttifrutti
10-09-2007, 09:35
Cheers Beadey... helps a bit mate. Last thing I want is a load of floating bits of hemp on the surface so at least I know of one thing not to add ;)

Any other thoughts folks?

LIP
10-09-2007, 10:55
i always freeze my method/groundbait mixes,and i have never had any problems, yes certain things will float up but imo this is a good thing as you have bait drifting up constantly through the water column,infact i always put crushed dog biscuits and blended old pop ups in my mixes for this reason, it works :thumbs:

Tuttifrutti
10-09-2007, 12:27
Cheers Lip... that had crossed my mind before about the crushed pop-ups and I was in two minds. As you say it could be good to have bits floating up creating a good food column to pull the fish down but my reservation was always if the water fowl came across it and detected all the other goodies on the bottom - been there and it's horrendous and they wont leave until they've been down on every bit of bait you put in!!!

Thanks though and i'll give it a bash ;)

NicB
10-09-2007, 14:47
Mate I freeze groundbait for loads of reasons, I like to bang it in if I am pre baiting but cant get there the next day, I know it will defrost fairly quickly but it atleast lasts a few hours longer.

Brilliant for thick weed, extra weight, tossed in with some force and it will burry in and reach areas my cld balls wouldnt normally reach! (-;

I like to have a few floating items in it as well, makes it break down violently as well as giving an extra attraction dimension...

I normally addsome low temp oils when I take it out, as it defrosts on the journy to the puddle it sucks up plenty of your attractors.

It works, have no worries about freezing the mix...

beadey
10-09-2007, 15:04
Only problem with dog bic's ect ......tuffty magnet's still if you like ducks then great.

NicB
10-09-2007, 16:24
not wanting to high jack the thread, but ducks, swans water fowl in general. I honestly think they are carp magnets, ad 3 thirties in the last 3/4 weeks or so all under the swans feet.. You know when you hear the buzzer, look up and see a swan curse and spit then realise its goin one way and the line is kiting the other way... Sorry just a thought