PDA

View Full Version : Pods

Baz
16-02-2001, 23:41
Thinking about getting a new pod, looking at the Fox Quattro pod anybody got one or any info on them or maybe an alternative. Also what pod do you use and why?

Baz
/images/forum/icons/wink.gif

rooky
16-02-2001, 23:50
ive had a quattro pod and i realy rate them for stability ans securety. i would recomend in you buying one.

andy rooke

Paulm
17-02-2001, 01:33
Baz,
i prefer single banksticks......Gives me more options.

Paulm /images/forum/icons/wink.gif

Coster
17-02-2001, 07:25
I've heard the Quattro's can b a bit plasticy. I was put off by them by a good friend in the tackle shop trade, being told that they would not last very long for what u pay for them. Why not purchase the obelisk pod. Similar to the Quattro, but in STAINLESS. (means every other bit of your tackle MUST be stainless though)

Dave R

Seb
17-02-2001, 15:46
The Obelisk Quad pod, is rather chunky......... However the
Steve Neville Quad Pod is the Bee's Nee's... It was on show at Sandown Carp Conference & I highly recomend it...
Enjoy....

Crispy
17-02-2001, 16:47
One of my mates has a quattro pod and it's a bit bulky and rickety, I've just bought a SOD Pod but the tri post adapter is a must and it was quite expensive.

alex
17-02-2001, 18:49
The Sod pod is the only pod I will ever use now if you put some of the extras on it like the anchor bracket it is more stable than any Fox pod its also stainless so you won't need to replace it.
But go with the one you have most confidence in.
Alex.

DanTheMan
17-02-2001, 20:39
anyone know how much the steve neville pod is and where u can get them???
would look good with my neville buzzers!!!
dan

CarponlineEditor
17-02-2001, 20:42
I use one of the Gardner pods and it is really good but I dont know what it is called and i normally use banksticks anyhow.

Andy

rooky
17-02-2001, 20:49
hi dan
the small pod is £142.00, the quad pod is £195 and they are available from Johnson Ross Tackle.

andy rooke<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by IanWelch on 17/02/01 09:03 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Baz
19-02-2001, 23:42
One more thing, what are people views on having four rods on one pod do you think this is excessive.

Baz/images/forum/icons/smile.gif

Paulm
20-02-2001, 00:02
That is one of the reasons why i prefer single bank sticks.
Can't get any more stable than single sticks.!!

scorpio
20-02-2001, 18:23
I think people using 4 rods is totally irresponsible.... sorry but that's my opinion... not only does it take up a lot of swim space but you can never concentrate on 4 rods efficiantly.

Tony

Paulm
20-02-2001, 18:30
Tony,
I don't understand, why can't you concentrate on 4 rods.!!
Fair point about 4 rods in certain swims, but if the swim permits it where's the problem.

scorpio
20-02-2001, 18:35
Why not have 6 or 8 then..... I have set up in swims before where a Carp angler is covering a good portion on a lake... the best portion with 4 rods. What if you get 2 runs at once? What happens then... Sorry Paul... in my opinion 4 rods is not only selfish to other anglers but also in my opinion again unsporting..... anyone agree? Now somewhere like Wrasbury it would be acceptable but not in waters where you get a lot of anglers.

Tony

Paulm
20-02-2001, 18:42
That is the sort of waters i fish. Minimal runs a year. Lakes of about 30+ acres and only 25 swims, how can that be selfish to other anglers. (over an acre per swim)
Agree with your point about double hook ups, but this has happened to me when only using two rods.

scorpio
20-02-2001, 19:55
See your point Paul, maybe in your case it is acceptable.... I have been to waters of between 6 & 20 acres where 4 rods are permitted and been moved on untill I decided to go elsewhere. I am only talking a few anglers here but you try casting a Feeder 100 yards over 3 "carp" lines and see the response you get.

Tony

alex
20-02-2001, 21:15
Three rods!! I use one in the summer what is this world coming too.
Alex.

Paulm
21-02-2001, 00:00
This is where fishing goes 'down hill', all lakes should be made accepable for all types of anglers no mater what species you are targeting and every angler should also respect the other anglers on the fishery.
I know this dosn't happen on alot of waters, and i think that we have a long way to go yet, as these types of storys keep croping up.
Oopps i think wheve got a bit side tracked here, what was the thread about.....Pods, that was it. So is there any more info anyone can give Baz.

DanTheMan
21-02-2001, 00:26
alex-i know its been brought up before mate but you really must be somthing else!! one rod!!! even *sir* terry uses two !
lol /images/forum/icons/laugh.gif i've changed my mind - i'm not gonna hide from u at the social' i wanna be as near as i can so i can learn a thing or ten!
keep up the good work mate
dan *two sometimes three if the baliff isn't looking* the Man /images/forum/icons/smile.gif

alex
21-02-2001, 08:39
I was'nt joking mate in the summer I use one rod at Twynersh on pits 2&3 I had five carp to 23lb off the top in a day the top baliff had one fish all day but he had five in the night on three rods thats why I read a lot Chris Yates's books you learn loads from him. In the winter I use two rods.
Alex.

Crispy
21-02-2001, 08:46
Why do you only use two in the winter alex, most waters that have restrictions usually allow 2 rods in the summer and a 3 in the winter, the waters are more quiet and you can conver far more water?

alex
21-02-2001, 08:56
Twynersh only allow two at all times and I use one so I can keep mobile.
Just like Chris Yates himself.
Alex.

DanTheMan
21-02-2001, 09:41
when u got *golden balls* mate you only need to use one geez dont you!!! just like the boy yates./images/forum/icons/smile.gif/images/forum/icons/smile.gif./images/forum/icons/smile.gif/images/forum/icons/smile.gif./images/forum/icons/smile.gif/images/forum/icons/smile.gif./images/forum/icons/smile.gif/images/forum/icons/smile.gif./images/forum/icons/smile.gif/images/forum/icons/smile.gif
ATB
Dan the Man

TONYM
21-02-2001, 10:45
I own a solar sod pod,Totaly awesome bit of kit,looks the nuts with my multiply 2lb rods on.It Is really awesome fully adjustable very sturdy,never really fished in adverse conditions though.BUT it wasn't cheap,and the fishing i was doing at the time called for a pod.now however I have opted for single banksticks rods pointing directly at the bait,lovelly grass banks.next season though sees me targeting a new area.
And the wooden platforms I will be fishing from call for a pod so the old SOD will come out again.2 seasons since last used and I'll be honest It never gets well looked after,but it still is in brilliant working order,Not Cheap but well worth It!!!!! In my Opinion.
long live the sod
<font color=red> ALB </font color=red>
TonyM
PS Neil,Blinding Book,very informative,what an eye opener./images/forum/icons/wink.gif

Lofte
21-02-2001, 16:04
HI Baz how you doing mate?
I have used pods in the past with the best being the cygnet it was all i could afford so dont LAUGH /images/forum/icons/smile.gif
That was last season and it is still in working condition although i did treat it like royalty! over that year i saved up a little bit each week and last weekend went out and perchased some stevie neville stainless althoug expensive well for me anyway it should last and it does look very nice, a bit to nice if you ask me.
Hope you find your self a pod ood luck in your quest
Lofte
/images/forum/icons/smile.gif

CarponlineEditor
21-02-2001, 16:06
I had a cygnet pod too and although basically it was great the little bolts that held the legs in place etc had a habit of vibrating loose and falling out in the boot of my car lol I spent ages trying to find the bloomin'g things. Thats why i sold it and got hold of a Gardner one, the bits dont fall out of that one.

Andy

Lofte
21-02-2001, 16:10
Do you know what the same thing use to happen to me!
Lofte
/images/forum/icons/smile.gif

CarponlineEditor
21-02-2001, 16:13
Thats why i lurve those banksticks that have the locking lever on them rather than the normal bolt type adjuster. Ive lost quite a few over the years and it is well annoying trying to find them at the bottom of your bankstick pocket in the rod bag. My arms just arent long enough to reach right down there. lol

Andy