PDA

View Full Version : SLEEPING BAG ADVISE

Lofte
16-02-2001, 19:45
HI YA GUYS HOWS ARE WE ALL
I NEED A NEW SLEEPING BAG SO I CAN GET RID OF MY ARGOS ONE NOW I DONT HAVE A LOT OF CASH IF I DID ID HAVE A TAILS UP ONE SO WAS WONDERING WHAT ONES YOUD ADVISE ME TO GET!
lOFTE
/images/forum/icons/smile.gif

PeterHudd
16-02-2001, 19:48
HEAT CONTROL MKll these are suberb and the special 3 layer means you can get under the 3rd one if your cold or lay on top of it for extra comfort and not as hot in the summer.

P.Hudd

SAMR
16-02-2001, 19:48
The sundridge (i think) MK2 Heat control bag
the biz and fairly cheap as bags go too.
cheers
sam

bazza
16-02-2001, 19:59
sundridge heat control - you will never want for another sleeping bag! only trouble is, they are too comfortable...

Lofte
16-02-2001, 20:02
THESE HEAT CONTROLL BAGS SOUND EXCELLENT HOW MUCH ARE THEY SOMETHING LIKE 84 NOTE ARNT THEY

SAMR
16-02-2001, 20:03
I think so mate
cheers
sam

jimrawcliffe
16-02-2001, 20:46
Hi Lofte, sorry but I have to get in on this one. I'd like to know how many of you guys out there have had a heat control for more than one season and have used it throughout the winter. Has it flattened out. I don't know the product and I wouldn't cast aspersions on it as a result but the principal of 3 skins just doesn't ring true. After All the cold comes from below possibly more than from above! A third skin cannot therefore do the job. I will agree however that there are other bags out there cheaper than ours that may do the job for a while and as a short term measure. But. You CAN'T beat a Goliath for warmth and longeavity if you have the bucks.
WELL THAT USED TO BE THE CASE UNTIL THIS AFTERNOON WHEN A NEW PRODUCT WAS DISCUSSED IN THE TAILS UP WORKSHOP !!!!! This is not an official new product announcement but Perhaps you should call us on Monday Lofte. I cannot say anymore because this will turn into a promotion.
Jim

Lofte
16-02-2001, 20:49
OK Jim Ill do that!
OWWWWW i like surprises!
Lofte

scorpio
16-02-2001, 21:21
Do you gaurentee if for life then Jim as it is so good? A promotion from Tails Up? Never /images/forum/icons/laugh.gif

Tony<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by scorpio on 16/02/01 09:22 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

jimrawcliffe
16-02-2001, 21:52
What a gift!
Depends what you mean by life. They've been out there for around ten years now and I know many people that are still using those originals. That's why I dont drive a merc!

jimrawcliffe
16-02-2001, 21:56
I don't think I'm going to be in on Monday so for God's sake don't tell Simon I told you there was a new bag to see. Just make a gentle suggestion! It's ok he's not on the net.

Lofte
16-02-2001, 21:59
OK ill be nice and suttle with the dimond of a gezza! maybe popping the question have you got any new items planned for release in the future, hows about that?
Lofte
[smile[ /images/forum/icons/smile.gif

jimrawcliffe
16-02-2001, 22:07
Sounds good . Try have you.....soft, green, 6ft long etc!

Lofte
16-02-2001, 22:20
Ill do that, and see what he says any more advice
Lofte

bazza
17-02-2001, 03:12
jim,

this is the second season i have had my heat control sleeping bag. i have had nothing but warm, comfy sleep sessions with it. the filling is as good as the day i got it (stuff sacks - as i'm sure you're aware, they don't destroy the filling as much as rolling the bag in the same way each time you pack it away).

heat rises, and the cold goes the other way. in cold weather this would mean that the best place to be is under two layers. the central leaf enables you to do this.

i cannot comment on the goliath, but my heat control has done me proud, through the frosts, through the freeze and throughout the rainy bits. i couldn't justify twice the price, i'm afraid...

bazza

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by bazza on 17/02/01 03:16 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

tackletart
17-02-2001, 09:28
I have had a Heat control bag for at least 3 years or so and it is still good as new and warm as toast. Some of my friends have tried other bags (no names) and had problems with zips and getting damp inside. They have since bought the heat control bag and like me have never looked back. A great piece of kit which I can strongly recommend.

paulh
17-02-2001, 12:09
For me it has to be the sundridge mk2 also, its lovely and warm,however this is the first winter I,ve had it so can't comment on its performance after a few seasons.I was recommended this bag by many anglers, all rated it highly.
/images/forum/icons/cool.gif /images/forum/icons/cool.gif
paulh

baz69
17-02-2001, 13:46
MKII IS THE DOGS, FOLDS UP NICE IN YOUR BED FOR THE QUICK MOVE,DIRTY BOOTS AND OTHER STAINS
EASILY CLEANED(so the wife says)
BE LUCKY
BAZ

jimshelley
17-02-2001, 14:57
i use a tails up GOLIATH sleeping bag there the b......s.
jim shelley
keeping it RMC,"e.c.h.o.".

Crispy
17-02-2001, 16:52
I've been using the Gardner bag for the last 18 months, down as low as -10 recently and it's superb, huge and warm.

Paylor
17-02-2001, 17:23
I use the Nix Angling carp duvet and it is the dogs nutts.

alex
17-02-2001, 18:45
I use a JRC Cocoon 3 it is so good I even chucked out all my bedding in my bedroom and I started using the cocoon 3 instead.
Alex.

jimrawcliffe
17-02-2001, 20:26
Can someone please tell Lofte I've replied to him
Jim Rawcliffe

Rivercarper
17-02-2001, 20:29
Got to be the Gardner Carp Duvet had mine 4 years and never been cold,Brilliant

Lofte
17-02-2001, 20:29
jim i didnt recieve anything last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!

maximus
19-02-2001, 12:41
Save up mate and get a goliath, had mine for four years and still pukka.
Well warm.

sam
19-02-2001, 13:33
yep, had mine 3 years now. a few trips to the launderette with it to keep it nice and clean. bit bulky, but what price comfort? and its camo!

a realtree one would be nice!

**sam**

Lofte
19-02-2001, 13:37
what is it with products being made from camo material i prefer things just plain green! why do people rant and rave about camo!
Lofte

stez
19-02-2001, 13:53
i have just got back from fishing 1/4 of the lake froze - so it was cold - so i recommend hutchy deep sleep 2 - it kept me very warm

Keepin' it 'VERY' Cheshire

STEZ :D

scorpio
19-02-2001, 18:23
This confirms a point I made in a previous post.... add "CARP" to the title of a product and pay up tp 50% more.... absolute extorsion as far as i am concerned. It's time we purchased our products from different sources such as stores like you mention.

Sorry guys but you know it to be true. Keep it fair

Tony

bazza
19-02-2001, 19:11
a realtree one would be lovely. i wouldn't want to pay realtree prices though! the trousers are bad enough...

dolly
20-02-2001, 12:49
Heat control sleeping bag, can`t beat it i see alot of people have one, must be good!
Ummmmmmm Toasty.

DanTheMan
20-02-2001, 13:38
question for the heat control crew??
how *hardy* are they? i have had an army one for about 7 years and it is still going strong,(apart from the fact there is slightly less room in it now than there was when i first got it!!).
the only time it is a but of a bummer is when it is really cold.its not the warmest bag. are the heat control bags *toastie* as u like and how long do they last.?
answers on a postcard to......... /images/forum/icons/laugh.gif/images/forum/icons/laugh.gif/images/forum/icons/laugh.gif/images/forum/icons/laugh.gif

dan

sam
20-02-2001, 15:20
whos ranting and raving?

the bag was in camo whether i liked it or not. if you prefer plain green, then good for you. there are planty of plain green things about. fields, trees etc.

i think the camo fetish is a throwback to the days of running about with air rifles in the woods, shooting at birds and wild animals etc. that way, people couldnt see you.

its the same with the fish. they cant see you are asleep, so they dont disturb you by giving you belting runs when you are having a kip.

simple. this fishing lark is meant to be peaceful isnt it?

although, i have mislaid my sleeping bag a few times due to it being camo. i would be lost if i had a camo bivvy. i would be very rich if i had a realtree bivvy!

keep it DPM!

**sam**

WASS
25-02-2001, 14:50
ive bought one of them bags from badger tackle cheap and really warm used it upto -4 so far

rooky
25-02-2001, 14:55
i use the hutchy big kipper bit bulky sometimes to carry but none the less an excellent sleeping bag.
rooky /images/forum/icons/smile.gif

andy rooke

jimrawcliffe
25-02-2001, 20:28
Sorry Richard but I just can't sit here and let you make wild acusations of this kind. Everyone knows you can buy an army surplus bag very cheaply and they may suit some people but remember, the army have chucked them out because they don't consider them suitable for their guys!
I should add that I very much resent being accused of "Fleecing" customers. You have no idea of our costs you can not therefore make an informed accusation in our direction. Maybe it's true of other companies but please don't lump us into this generalisation.
As a last point and in answer to my original reply to Lofte I can now confirm that we will shortly be launching a new bag just over the £100 mark to better anything the market has seen. It will still be made in the UK and offer the same quality as all our other bags. More than that I cannot say due to the fact that Ian's hench men will pull me for advertising!
Regards
Jim Rawcliffe

scorpio
25-02-2001, 21:03
I'm too little to be a hench man /images/forum/icons/smile.gif

Tony

Lofte
25-02-2001, 21:50
That new bag sounds pukka im saveing already
Whopeeeeeeeeeee i can get rid of me blue argos one as last/images/forum/icons/smile.gif
Lofte

rooky
25-02-2001, 21:54
no more freezing r boll...s of hey lofte /images/forum/icons/smile.gif /images/forum/icons/smile.gif
rooky.

andy rooke

Lofte
25-02-2001, 22:07
hope so cant wait those argos bags are ok for the summer if yu sleep with acouple of layers on but in the winter well ill let u use ur imagination!
Lofte

rooky
25-02-2001, 22:21
i know mate had one myself.
rooky /images/forum/icons/smile.gif

andy rooke

Lofte
25-02-2001, 22:23
but dont worry the old worrior will be comeing with me to the social no laughing please LOL
Lofte

rooky
25-02-2001, 22:27
mines seen its fair share of action belive me /images/forum/icons/smile.gif /images/forum/icons/smile.gif /images/forum/icons/smile.gif.
rooky

andy rooke