PDA

View Full Version : The only person you have to show your EA license

Matchlake_Fisher
06-09-2005, 16:04
Quote:
The only person you have to show your EA license to is an EA inspector -

'NO' club balliff has the right to check your rod license ................He can ask you if you have one, but not allowed to ask you to look at it. only reg EA Bailiffs must do this.

Otherwise if your a criminal you can obtain peoples perssonal details!
That's true! Most members belonging to certain angling clubs can ask to see there membership books apart from waters with bailiffs that have been police checked.ie safety for kids and less fortuneate people that fish.......... I used to be a head bailiff and run the odd day fisherey.

Fagin
06-09-2005, 16:18
Thanks for that.

Next time my mum asks me if i have got licenses i'll tell her to fark orfe.

Matchlake_Fisher
06-09-2005, 16:34
Why doe's mummy need to see it anyway.....Ha ha ha! http://www.cemexangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

djm
06-09-2005, 23:45
not sure without reading it, but dosent it say that any licence holder can ask another angler for there licence,like i said , i m not sure, http://www.cemexangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

happyhammer
07-09-2005, 07:29
I think you'll find that in one respect you're right, the only person who can inspect your licence is a member of the EA, but..........a lot of clubs now state in the rule book that bailiffs are entitled to inspect tickets and licences and by joining any club that has this in place you are automatically agreeing to abide by their rules. Also, some day ticket venues won't sell a ticket without proof of a licence. Not a bad thing and something I'd agree to countrywide if it helps to stop the licence dodgers.

Gazza
07-09-2005, 08:03
A couple of clubs I belong to now request a photocopy of your EA licence with the membership renewal form.
Not a bad thing IMHO.

rhornegold
07-09-2005, 08:21
Copied from my licence.

Your licence must be produced on demand to a water bailiff of the Agency who produces his or her warrant, a police officer [ QUOTE ]
or any other licence holder who produces his or her licence.

[/ QUOTE ] Failier to do so is an offence and may make you liable to prosecution. Always carry carry your licence with you.