PDA

View Full Version : testing pva

karper
18-02-2005, 18:17
hey guys have any of you made up a pva bag, with your usually items, then thrown it into a bucket or the margin to see what happens. i have done this on quite a few occassions and everytime the bag has stood up off the bottom until it disolved. is this normal or am i doing something wrong? i always thought the bag would lie on the deck and disolve.

i am using solid bags that have been peppered with holes from my needle and the bags have been pack down tight before being tied.

miles_high
18-02-2005, 18:22
If you are making the bgas super tight...then dont bother with any holes....sems to me, the air in the bag, due to the holes being present....is causing this type of presenattion.

Other than that stick some heavier items at the bottom of the bag.....being carefull not to mask the hookpoint.

stainless
18-02-2005, 18:39
Karper, You can put your lead in the bag to help this but depends what you prefer, some dont like to? Also you can suck out the air through the holes you made to take out the excess!

karper
18-02-2005, 20:44
so the bag should lay on the bottom?

the problem, if you can call it that, is that the items in the bag spill on to the lead set up when the bag desolves.

stainless
19-02-2005, 12:40
Depends what you have in the bag mate, whatever you use in it does it naturally sink if you throw it in the margins? sometimes groundbait may need to be dampened to make it heavier to sink and stay on the bottom?