PDA

View Full Version : Making a custom dip.......

topangler666
07-02-2005, 12:14
Lads,

Now there are plenty of manufactured dips on the market and a lot of info in the mags at the moment, but I want to formulate my own using minamino or nutramino as the base. To this I want to add Black Pepper Oil, this is where all you bait buffs come in, I have used it in most of my baits and have complete faith in it, buit at what levels would you include it in a dip? Is it something that cant be overdone or is it something that could ruin a bait by over inclusion in the soak/dip?

Nathie_b_
07-02-2005, 15:11
Things like minamino cant b over done mate unless u start messing around with concentrated flavours etc. Have a look on ccmoores they do lots of stuff at good prices

topangler666
07-02-2005, 17:33
Cheers mate,

Mainly wandering about what levels you lads would include the Black Pepper Oil at........................any ideas?

Nathie_b_
08-02-2005, 11:56
im not sure myself but it will b prob b a few drops otherwise u can over do it with this ingrediant. When making boilies i think they use something like 5 drops per pound max.

It will also depend on how many ml the dip will be in total e.g 250ml, as its more specific people might b able to help u.

topangler666
08-02-2005, 12:59
Wanting to make at least 250ml of the dip, so anyone with any ideas appreciated.......................other wise its trial and error

Cheers Nathie_b_, might just have to try it on the tank fish

AndyHull
08-02-2005, 13:20
Topangler666,

Are you making a dip or a glug, (dip just for hookbaits, glug for freebies too)
A glug needs to be less strong if you are soaking all your bait.
As a starting point go for amount you use for a 6 egg mix to 50mls of bulk liquids.
To be honest, I would get yourself a Nutrabaits food dip and modify as per their instructions on the pot.

Andy

topangler666
08-02-2005, 13:30
Sounds like a plan Andy, was looking for a 'soak', with the intention of soaking all my baits................... http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif