PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in weed, best method???

dutchdennis
05-02-2005, 21:12
I would like to know what you think is the best method for fishing weedy waters. Rigwise, lead setup, baitingtactics etc.

dutchdennis
06-02-2005, 09:46
Ok boys, 32 views and no replies!!!! C'mon guys, someone must have an opinion about this. Do you use an inline or swivellead setup, at the edge of a weedbed, or behind it etc....

tenchtamer
06-02-2005, 10:06
Lead on a korda lead clip and hookbait in a small pva bag with a couple of freebies and a couple of pva foam nuggets works for me. http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif

InfinityX3
06-02-2005, 10:50
Try and find a clear spot.!!!

Tight lines.

dutchdennis
06-02-2005, 11:16
"Try and find a clear spot.!!!" Duh, i'm just trying to be serious, what do you use and why? I always use small swivelleads and small sticks in weed.

InfinityX3
06-02-2005, 11:35
You can put a scattering of bait into a small hole in the weed, (i.e. pellet or particle, boillies as well.) And let the fish move in and clear a large area for you to fish into. If you have a clean deck you can then use any method. (Just as long as its safe.)
Can you use boats on your choice of lake.??

Tight lines.

dutchdennis
06-02-2005, 12:18
No mate, I can't. It will be days only and start baiting up by spodding. Like you say, using hemp and pellets I will try to let the fish make a clear spot. Then over to boilies and sticks. It all depends on the weedgrowth, it's not every year the same, seems like a cycle. Last year wasn't to bad, so it can be this year.

Sam_Allison
06-02-2005, 12:32
Small leads on clips, critically balanced hookbaits (i use maize - stands out well from the greenish colour of the weed). Bung the whole lot into a pva bag (hook first, then the lead nearer the top of the bag)...and add maybe a dozen or so pva nuggets and hey presto!

Stick to particles if your trying to make clear spots.

frothey
06-02-2005, 14:26
why not just a big method ball into the middle of it?

Markoncarp
06-02-2005, 14:30
Good lead clip and ensuring it can release. PVA bag full of goodness, Marker rod with a weed marker on it. If it pops upm then bang the bait out there.

I even fished into the odd weedbed at times, as long as the lead discharges then I think you are stil fishing safely.