PDA

View Full Version : Bushy park

Coster
15-01-2001, 09:17
I don't disagree at all..... but each to there own??

CarponlineEditor
15-01-2001, 10:05
I dont agree either as some fishermen have children and a place such as Bushy park is just right for them. There is a play ground and all sorts of things for the kids to do while dad can keep an eye on them as well as fish. You wouldnt want people coming down to your syndicate lake with two or three young kids now would you?

Besides I am baised as I hammered the Diana last year but there again I am single with three kids lol

Cheers, Andy

Sam_Bale
15-01-2001, 11:03
I don't agree as I actually learnt to catch carp at Bushey Park. Just because the Diana is not the most secluded beutifully wooded pool in the world does not mean it has no merit as a water. The carp in there are fairly easy, true but it is an ideal place for juniors to learn as it is cheap and easy to get into. Also you can progress onto the Heron pond which can be a very frustrating water due to the no-fishing boating pond, not to mention the Long Water, also quite hard, not many fish, could be a kilometre away from them. I enjoyed my time there, I agree there were times when we perhaps didn't behave as I would now, like playing footie behind the rods or cards etc. but that is what being young is about, having fun. None of the fish I saw caught were ever harmed and many had lots of repeat captures (like any hard-fished water does). Also a certain Mr. Hearn spent his formative years on the 'Di I believe so it can't be that bad.

Coster
15-01-2001, 11:15
He certainly does, check his book out, he rates it in a big way.
But that was a while ago!!

CarponlineEditor
15-01-2001, 11:25
Yes thats true Terry and I fished there a long time ago and he was a very good angler right back then. If I remember correctly he used to be able to winkle one out even on the hardest of days. He used to use a suspended bait straight up off the lead out by the statue and it worked great.

lol he has changed from the young lad with curly hair and glasses hasnt he?

Andy

Sam_Bale
15-01-2001, 11:31
Also neil how would you know what features there are without fishing it? When I was there the margins were excellent despite all the people walking round also there was weed all over the place. As far as the best one though, that was the 'flow'.

Coster
15-01-2001, 12:26
Is that some sadistic initiation ritual for all new anglers there???? <<lol>>

Dave R

DanTheMan
15-01-2001, 12:45
coster- u know the *flow* !! swim on opp. side to car park where the water from the stream comes in!! we fished it in the winter once when the heron was frozen. we didn't catch tho - so there is nothing new there, ha!
get back to work u lazy sod, u're on here more than me now!!
Dan - keeping it work.

CarponlineEditor
15-01-2001, 13:30
I must admit that I have never seen a Heron frozen to the Diana lol but i spose it could happen. Anyway the Bushy park lakes are very good for the begginer to learn on.

Andy

DanTheMan
15-01-2001, 13:39
very good andy- you know exactly what i meant!!!!
have you ever tried the nights on the boat pool mate?
i've been kicked off there so many times but when you see them right in the edge - oooh the temptation is just too great!
just wondered if the park is policed at night, if it isn't some *guesting* as mr. hearn would put it could be on the cards!!
bouncing bobbins!
Dan
p.s. blanked at hampton court yes. no surprise for a noddy like me! come on the spring!!!

CarponlineEditor
15-01-2001, 13:51
Better luck next time at HC. I wouldnt go guesting in Bushy any more. I got stopped last close season throwing a few chum into the Heron pond by the Parks police and they told me that at night they now let their dogs go walkies in there. When I asked them what would happen if someone was in there fishing, one of the police said with a grin well they shouldnt be in here so if they get bitten thats their tough luck.

They may have been trying to put people off but it worked with me even if i did want to guest it which i dont then I wouldnt because a sharp mouthful of teeth in the butt often offends, not to mention hurts like heck too I should think lol

Take care, Andy

DanTheMan
15-01-2001, 13:56
andy - you're probably right!!!
have had a *run-in* before with a police alsation with a head the size of a horse!! that is something i do not fancy happening again, and i dont think my boxer shorts enjoyed it too much if u boys catch my drift!!!!
i was a student tho, you can only learn from your experiences in life eh?
keep it big dogless!
Dan

CarponlineEditor
15-01-2001, 13:58
Yep lol Brings a whole new meaning to using growlers in the parks lol

Andy

scorpio
15-01-2001, 14:03
If you take that sort of view how about all the people with Coy Carp in garden ponds, cant be good for them neither. It gives some people especially kids the chance to fish for Carp, the same is on Clapham Common.... rough area but it gets fished alot. Unless you see any fish in distress the fish must be happy.

Tony

Sam_Bale
15-01-2001, 14:49
Talking of growlers does tiger nut ted still fish there? I don't know his real name but he always used to come down in the summer and fish a lone tiger nut on freeline gear - he always caught one then went off to one of the other lakes to get another! - he even caught from the Rick pond.

CarponlineEditor
15-01-2001, 16:06
There was an old bloke who fished like that but I cant remember his name. He also fished a lot with bread. Had some lovely fish though.

Coster
15-01-2001, 18:21
Only being sarcy Danny Boy, I remember it!!!!

Dave R

alex
15-01-2001, 19:36
Bushey may not seem a challenge but belive it or not I'm heading back there next season for when I'm not at Yateley I stalked a nice common from the Diana at 18lb so thats not fishing is it then what is!!! I then stalked the same fish at the end of last season at 17lb I had my own little name for the fish I used to call it the Torpedo common due to the fact that it was a long fish and it would fight like hell I hope to get it next season and see what its weight is I don't know if any of you lot have caught the same fish it is normaly around the flow area I now a few other people have had the same fish more impotantly Big Mick was in the same area as I learnt after the first capture just after I left one of the Tails up field testers caught Mick at 34lb talking of Mick how is he I was told he is around 39lb in weight maybe next year I'll get him at the 40lb mark./images/forum/icons/smile.gif

CarponlineEditor
15-01-2001, 20:15
I have heard rumours from three different people now that Mick died. Apparently the fish was found in the margins and picked up by the parks chappies and taken away. I dont know if this is true but may the lovely fish rest in peace if it is true. That fish brought a lot of pleasure to an awful lot of people myself included.

Apart from that though the Heron sounds like it is the place to fish now. With over twenty different twenties in there and lots of lovely doubles, if you can put up with people telling you that you arent allowed to fish there and with the dogs jumping on your rods lol then it is a lovely place to fish.

Andy

PS Did I meet you on the Diana last season Alex. I was the one with blonde hair and sometimes three kids?

alex
15-01-2001, 20:29
I heard them same rumors but people said you had written it on your web site.
PS. Can't remember you that well but I have changed a lot since I left the place. Hope to see you next season.

Sam_Bale
16-01-2001, 11:43
I understand what you are saying Neil but you have to remember that some anglers get different things from the sport than you or I. Some may not want to fish harder waters, for them its enough to go down to a cheap water for a couple of days each summer and catch a few, it doesn't mean we should deride them for it, it's each to their own. Also not all beginners are juniors, my dad has been a 'pleasure' angler (whereas we carpers obviously take it far to seriously to derive any pleasure!) for years but I have been getting him more into carping lately and he was down at Kingsmead 1 with me a few times last summer but to be honest it was a bit trickey for someone of his experience so this year he is going to go onto Bushey, he will probably learn a lot more by catching a few.

Mikefromsunbury
16-01-2001, 13:51
I fish bushy park now as i have started a family and cant do much time so going over the di now and again suits me fine.What does make me laugh is all the people that says its easy, iv seen more anglers struggerling than bagging and as for one person saying he hammerd it,he wasnt when i was there and he was phographing all my fish for me.! But at the end of the day people should do what they want to do"live and let live"thats what i say.

CarponlineEditor
16-01-2001, 15:18
Ooooooh Michael I never thought you cared lol. Have you had much lately? Hope everyone is well back at the ranch.

Take care, Andy

Peteb
16-01-2001, 16:28
mike i heard you had quite a few out last season. quite a few indeed but not the big one just wondering as you haven't done so well latey whether this is the reason you no longer think it's a bagging water???????????????

be lucky
pb

Mikefromsunbury
16-01-2001, 17:42
Yes peter this is true,i think i might go for it next season and come to willinghurst with you but then again iv heard that can be a bit tricky at times.LOL

alex
16-01-2001, 18:57
Hi guys hows it going Mike how long have you fished bushey I might have met you its just that I had a mate who fished there called Mike from the same area as you. I hav'nt seen him since two seasons ago when I caught that long common I discribed a couple of posts ago.

Smarts
17-01-2001, 11:50
Willinghurst is a fantastic fishery,a right bagging water for a bit of fun. I've managed countless 'tons' out of there.
My friend had four doubles out when it was iced over on tutti-frutti a couple of weeks back.
Try the 'old' lake.

Smarts