jimshelley
11-01-2001, 23:07
hi williams,
thats wot i use and there pukka mate.
jim shelley
keeping it british.

CarponlineEditor
12-01-2001, 00:24
Hiya Jim, Can I ask about the reels. I saw two pairs in a catalogue and there were one pair which were much larger than the other. The bigger pair were cheaper than the smaller ones. Which ones do people use then? And why do you reckon the bigger ones are cheaper?

Cheers, Andy

jimshelley
12-01-2001, 00:37
hi andy,
i personally dont know why the smaller ones cost more but i love the big ones iam using,"MEGA REELS".
JIM SHELLEY
KEEPING IT BRITISH.

CarponlineEditor
12-01-2001, 00:44
Hi again Jim, Yeah I like the look of the biguns. I know my rods arent really big chuckers but I would like to get some reels to compliment them as best i can. I may look into the reels then.

Keeping it reel

Andy

jimshelley
12-01-2001, 00:49
hi andy,
there mega mate ,the best reels ive ever had mate.
be lucky
jim shelley
keeping it british.

CarponlineEditor
12-01-2001, 00:52
hiya again, blimey we must stop meeting like this lol. I just remembered why I couldnt get them before. At £145 each they are a bit too much for me. Maybe I will have a look for a cheap big spooled reel to use instead as I do want to try my rods at Ellis later on in the year.

Take care,

Andy

rhornegold
12-01-2001, 07:01
Jim,
What do you think of the new big baitrunner from Diawa,they look very good if not a little exspensive.

Bob Hornegold

Gaffer
12-01-2001, 07:01
Yeah, I'd have to agree with that.
I've had my BP Baitrunners for nearly 18mths now and had no prob's.
I think when they first came out the weight of them and the line-clip disappointed a few.
Atb,
Gaffer.

DanTheMan
12-01-2001, 09:22
if you are looking for some pukka reels, you could no better than to get hold of some of the daiwa z ABS thingys.
i've had mine a year now and still think they're the best thing since sliced bread!! cast a mile and the clutch just puurrrrrrrrrrssss!!
long casts+slack bobbins
Dan

Smarts
12-01-2001, 09:32
I've looked at the mew Daiwa big pit reels and I didn't get on with them.I know they need a large handle for cranking power but I felt that they were something else!
I found them cumbersome....the handles could catch the guy ropes from the bivvy next door!
If they could bring them closer to the reel,(ie,smaller),then they are a great piece of kit for a big chuck.

Smarts