PDA

View Full Version : Lakes in southern france - way down

kathrynshubby
14-06-2013, 19:48
My parents are hoidaying down i Southern France soon, the region is provence alps cote dazur so its way down (right in the bottom right hand corner of france). I am thinking about trecking down there and maybe fitting in a couple of days fishing but try as I might I can't find any lakes on Google, is it just too far South for a lot of lakes or am i missing something??

grateful for any help
cheers
Matt

T22
14-06-2013, 20:17
Isn't cassien down that way?

Miked
14-06-2013, 20:21
There tends to be water everywhere in France, where exactly are they going as your question is a bit like asking if there's any lakes in Southern England! Once you know what department ( a bit like our counties) it's in have a google for federation peche. You can then search by department and go on to their website which will give you some idea of fishing possibilities. Good luck!

kathrynshubby
14-06-2013, 20:34
they are off to Bezier in the Hirault department.....and i am still struggling but much appreciate your input Miked thanks
Matt

jonners
14-06-2013, 21:03
they are off to Bezier in the Hirault department.....and i am still struggling but much appreciate your input Miked thanks
Matt

Salagou it is then enjoy hope you like small ponds

kathrynshubby
14-06-2013, 21:14
lol....puddle!!!

joshcowin
15-06-2013, 14:35
very small 1800 acre puddle :0 it would daunt me

strawberryblond
16-06-2013, 07:18
Why not stop off at the River Lott at Cabanac?

FISHSKI
16-06-2013, 07:29
Matt, have a look at this website: www.colinmaire.net
There are any number of public lakes in France and although the site is in French use their search engine for your area; Herault 34; and see what's there.
I'm off on another public lake spree on Wednesday for 10 days. I did so last year and had a go in park lakes in Normandy, Limoges and Annecy over a three week period. Also visiting friends on the way.
I'd suggest you take some UBB baits with you, I understand they're pretty good!