PDA

View Full Version : best natural baits

advice_needed
10-06-2013, 15:16
i am currently fishing a small but low stocked lake, but the carp dont get caught often, every1 turn up with 15mm boilies, but the odd carp comes out now and again, so i was looking to be different, been thinking of using prawns ? i know you can buy blood worms, water snails etc, but looking for something to use as hookbaits

what natural baits have you tried?

there are just carp in there, a few pike, no bream or tench, hardly any silver fish in this lake

leighlawrence
10-06-2013, 15:18
maggots and chopped worms if theres no nuisance species

Dalthegooner
10-06-2013, 15:20
I haven't used them, but Green Worms (http://www.willyworms.co.uk/fishing-worms/green-worms.html) are supposed to be good.

advice_needed
10-06-2013, 15:22
there are some silver fish, but not many from what i can work out and been told, did think about hair rigging some worms

Smoove
10-06-2013, 15:24
Casters and corn

obo
10-06-2013, 15:51
Stalking with freelined Lobs!

Lea Valley Carper
10-06-2013, 18:12
there are some silver fish, but not many from what i can work out and been told, did think about hair rigging some worms

Never hair rig a lobworm, they just wriggle and knot everything up. Side hook one through the saddle, work the hook in so that just the bend and point are exposed and then slide a square of rubber band or a hook bead over the point and round to trap it and leave the gape and point nicely exposed and to also stop the lobworm double hooking itself. Carp and other species take a big wriggling lob very aggressively. Also just use a nylon hooklink, a lob will just twist up a soft braid.

Onslow
10-06-2013, 18:32
How about a Boilie loaded with naturals? I was playing with a mix in the winter with dried insects, snails, freshwater mussel extract etc intended for waters with lots of naturals in

Dinez
10-06-2013, 20:25
If everyone is using boilies then I'd pre-bait a few spots with maples or brazils.

retro
10-06-2013, 20:59
Dendrobena worms or vitalin and fake corn

Floaters
10-06-2013, 21:05
If everyone is using boilies then I'd pre-bait a few spots with maples or brazils.

Are brazils safe to use in larger quantities?:confused:

StealthyStalker
10-06-2013, 21:13
Never hair rig a lobworm, they just wriggle and knot everything up. Side hook one through the saddle, work the hook in so that just the bend and point are exposed and then slide a square of rubber band or a hook bead over the point and round to trap it and leave the gape and point nicely exposed and to also stop the lobworm double hooking itself. Carp and other species take a big wriggling lob very aggressively. Also just use a nylon hooklink, a lob will just twist up a soft braid.

As above,

Go to the garden and pour some fairy up liquid dosed water over some patches of grass and wait for the worms to make an appearance. Give them a good soak after to get rid of any traces of soap then place in a bucket with mole hill dirt. The oldman used to give me that job when he was teaching me how to ledger on the rivers as a young boy......might be any easier way now or a way without using soap.

Mole dirt is used quite widely in the match fishing world, chopping up the worms with the dirt and some oil then chucking the lot in a Pva bag with some casters could be worth a shout.